How do I get my 8 month old puppy to stop licking our hardwood floor so much?

Our bichon/shitzu won;t stop licking the floor. My vet said to divert him with a toy to chew which I do all the time, but when he's done with the toy he sill start licking the floor again.

Our bichon/shitzu won;t stop licking the floor. My vet said to divert him with a toy to chew which I do all the time, but when he's done with the toy he sill start licking the floor again....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my 8 month old puppy to stop licking our hardwood floor so much?...

• How do I get my 8 month old puppy to stop licking our hardwood floor so much?

How do I get my 8 month old puppy to stop licking our hardwood floor so much? General Dog Discussions
      Our bichon/shitzu won;t stop licking the floor. My vet said to divert him with a toy to chew which I do all the time, but when he's done with the toy he sill start licking the floor again.

How do I get my 8 month old puppy to stop licking our hardwood floor so much? General Dog Discussions
    • Find out why he licks the floor. Maybe there's a spill he smells that's not quite visible to you, or you're using a tasty or scented floor cleaner. My dog loved my orange scented multi-purpose cleaner and would lick things after I cleaned them so I don't use it around her anymore.

• maybe your dog is hungry or thirsty. do you feed it enough? i recommend you put carpet in your house instead of hardwood, i bet your dog won't like to lick carpet too much. it'll be full of fuzz and hair and he won't like that. i think carpet is better because if it's dirty the smell and food sinks down into the carpet hiding the smells that is attracting him to lick in the first place. tobasco sause works too. he won't like that.