What to give my Jack Russell puppy who I think lacks of iron?

My 6 month Jack Russell is eating grass and a lot of wood, so much that there is a hole in the wall. I think he could be lacking iron or some kind of vitamin. I need to change his vet because the current vet I have now is no good and until then I need…

My 6 month Jack Russell is eating grass and a lot of wood, so much that there is a hole in the wall. I think he could be lacking iron or some kind of vitamin. I need to change his vet because the current vet I have now is no good and until then I need…...
    General Dog Discussions : What to give my Jack Russell puppy who I think lacks of iron?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What to give my Jack Russell puppy who I think lacks of iron?

What to give my Jack Russell puppy who I think lacks of iron? General Dog Discussions
      My 6 month Jack Russell is eating grass and a lot of wood, so much that there is a hole in the wall. I think he could be lacking iron or some kind of vitamin. I need to change his vet because the current vet I have now is no good and until then I need something that I could give him. Plz help.Thx in advance. :]

What to give my Jack Russell puppy who I think lacks of iron? General Dog Discussions
    • Pica behavior in dogs is often a mineral seeking behavior. Usually the dog would try to get to something metallic if they're lacking minerals.Just give him his regular food. Make sure the word corn isn't among the top ingredients on the label. The chewing is more likely from boredom. Get him some exercise.

• I would not give your dog anything until a vet has run tests to find out if your dog does actually have a vitamin or mineral deficiency. It can be dangerous to just add supplements as you could give too much or an improper combination. Doing so can result in vitamin toxicity!

• multivitamin for dogs http://www.petmountain.com/brands/271/1/pet-tabs.htmlbut what is most likely lacking is stimulation- IE boredom has set in, chewing is a dog equivalent to doodling. JRT's are whirlwinds that need a LOT of activity

• i know what your going thru. the first six months i had my shepherd mix he tried to eat dirt and rocks whenever he went out. a multi viatamen helped him.liver is a great source of iron. raw is better than cooked. i personally hate the feel and smell of it. i freeze it and then cut it up into cubes and feed it as snacks.

• my jack russell eats grass and wood and she has no iron deficiency ... i think you just have a puppy in the chewing stage ... just make sure you have a quality food for him and he will not need any vitamins ... and eating grass, lots of dogs do that and it does not necessarily mean their stomach is upset or they are lacking anything in their diet ... and eating wood, my jack russell must have consumed an entire tree during her lifetime with the number of sticks she has chewed excessively :O)

• First of all, feed him a high quality grain free kibble or prey model raw diet. Secondly, give him two walks each day of at least one hour. He needs a better diet and more exercise.