Is it normal for a wolf hound to have two different colored eyes?

I just got a hybrid puppy that is crossed between a German Shephard and a Wolf. The father is the wolf and the mother is a German Shepard. The female puppy i got has a blue eye and brown eye. The blue one looks red in the bottome of the tear ducts and…

I just got a hybrid puppy that is crossed between a German Shephard and a Wolf. The father is the wolf and the mother is a German Shepard. The female puppy i got has a blue eye and brown eye. The blue one looks red in the bottome of the tear ducts and…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for a wolf hound to have two different colored eyes?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it normal for a wolf hound to have two different colored eyes?

Is it normal for a wolf hound to have two different colored eyes? General Dog Discussions
      I just got a hybrid puppy that is crossed between a German Shephard and a Wolf. The father is the wolf and the mother is a German Shepard. The female puppy i got has a blue eye and brown eye. The blue one looks red in the bottome of the tear ducts and stuff when she first wakes up. Is this normal or should i be worried about a genetic deformity with eye sight.

Is it normal for a wolf hound to have two different colored eyes? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm going to hope, for your sake, that the odd-colored eyes indicate that you were scammed and simply paid too much for a GSD/Siberian mongrel. Neither wolves nor German Shepherd Dogs usually produce puppies with blue eyes. It could be a deformation, but that is the LEAST of your worries at this point.My greater concerns?(1) I hope it is legal where you are to keep this kind of DANGEROUS wild animal and I hoped you checked on that and got the proper permits and inspections BEFORE taking it home.(2) I hope you are not expecting this animal to be like a dog when it grows up and are willing to keep it in the acre-plus secure and escape-proof pen you have constructed for it when its wolf instincts hit at maturity.(3) I hope you didn't buy this puppy from a "breeder" who will continue to pump out these confused and unsafe animals. If you did, you should know that 9 out of 10 of the pups from the litter(s) produced BECAUSE of your purchase will be euthanized before their second birthday and that many of them will be euthanized after an attack on a human or domestic animal.So... I certainly hope for all involved that you were simply scammed and have a lovely Shepherd/Husky/? mongrel who will make a great pet (and the Husky bit will explain the eye). If you have further concerns, you should talk to your vet (assuming you can find one willing to treat a dangerous wild animal at their small-animal practice).

• 100% agree with the above poster. Wolf dogs are illegal in most places, and as for fifty percent wolf, then it will be put down as soon as the authoritys find out due to it basically being a wild animal.However, because of the eyes, you've been scammed! Enjoy your perfectly normal crossbreed that won't have to be euthanized because you thought half wolf was cool.

• A mid content wolfdog puppy should never have eyes like that. You were ripped off. How mid content wolfdogs are supposed to look like: http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/midcontentwolfdogspage1.htmhttp://realwolfdogs.tumblr.com/roughguidetowolfdogcontent