can you get your dogs nails clipped in the vets?

i have had a dog for a few months and i know your suposed to clip their nail at least 1ce a week if you can, but i know that u can really hurt a dog if u cut it wrong, can u go to the vets once to be shown how it is done?<br />

i have had a dog for a few months and i know your suposed to clip their nail at least 1ce a week if you can, but i know that u can really hurt a dog if u cut it wrong, can u go to the vets once to be shown how it is done?<br /> ...
    General Dog Discussions : can you get your dogs nails clipped in the vets?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can you get your dogs nails clipped in the vets?

can you get your dogs nails clipped in the vets? General Dog Discussions
      i have had a dog for a few months and i know your suposed to clip their nail at least 1ce a week if you can, but i know that u can really hurt a dog if u cut it wrong, can u go to the vets once to be shown how it is done?<br />

can you get your dogs nails clipped in the vets? General Dog Discussions
    • Groomers are usually less expensive than the vet.<br />
      <br />
      Ask the groomer to show you how, and then you can do it yourself. <br />
      I do six of my dogs every week or so (the big dogs wear their nails and dont seem to need it.).

• Most vets do it for a small charge if you are already in for an appt. You could always take your pooch into a groomer or to Petco or PetSmart. Most Petcos and Petsmarts have groomers in daily who can easily clip your dogs nails for a few bucks. Plus, those places are a blast for your pup. I would only recommend taking them to those more public places if your pup has had all his/her puppy vaccinations though. we wouldn't want them to get something from another dog.

• yup but it will cost ya. as long as you don't cut too far back you can do it your self see if you can google a diagram of a dogs paw for the purpose of giving you an idea where you can and cant cut.

• I have a 5 yr old pit...his nails only need trimming every 4-6 weeks, the only time I have someone else do it is in the winter months, as we're not outside as much to wear them down naturally. <br />
      <br />
      My vet charges $7.00...very reasonable.

• weekly is too often,I would do it bi-weekly or every 3 weeks<br />
      yes your vet could show you,but make sure you ask if you have to pay the reg charge for just bringing your dog in plus the nail trim<br />
      <br />
      My Vet charges 11.00<br />
      <br />
      the groomer charges 10.00 <br />
      <br />
      I have many dogs and I take 2 in a week and then 2 or 3 the next week,yes i mark it on the calender<br />
      I just hate clipping their nails,so far I can afford it,when I can't I was shown how to clip by my Vet

• Yes, your vet or a groomer will be more than happy to show you how to clip your dog's nails. They will charge you, but if you're like my sister and has dogs with black nails (that you can't see through with a flashlight...we tried) it's worth it to her.