Clipping Dogs Nails?

I was clipping my dogs nails and i just barley clipped it to far, its kinda bleeding but not too much, i was just wondering is there anything i can put on it...like peroxide or something...not sure....suggestions<br />

Clipping Dogs Nails?

I was clipping my dogs nails and i just barley clipped it to far, its kinda bleeding but not too much, i was just wondering is there anything i can put on it...like peroxide or something...not sure....suggestions<br /> ...
    General Dog Discussions : Clipping Dogs Nails?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clipping Dogs Nails?

Clipping Dogs Nails? General Dog Discussions
      I was clipping my dogs nails and i just barley clipped it to far, its kinda bleeding but not too much, i was just wondering is there anything i can put on it...like peroxide or something...not sure....suggestions<br />

Clipping Dogs Nails?

Clipping Dogs Nails? General Dog Discussions
    • She should clot rapidly. I would just dab a little alcohol on it, after it stops bleeding and she will take care of the rest. Watch for limping and stress from it. There shouldnt be any lasting harm. We have all done it once ourselve. If youare still worried tomorrow, take her to the vet, but I am sure she will be fine and so will you. Just watch it for inection the next few days. Good Luck.

• A little cornflour/cornstarch on it will encourage the bleeding to stop. If your dog's claws often get bleeders when clipped, your vet should be able to supply a styptic pencil that can be dabbed on the claw to stop the bleeding, that you can keep in your canine first aid kit.<br />
      <br />
      Avoid hydrogen peroxide in wound care for either people or animals. It used to be used a lot for this sort of thing but has fallen out of favour in recent years, since the oxidisation effect kills healthy tissue.