How much do you pay for your dogs nail trim?

Do you take him/her to a groomer for it or a vet? Do they offer nail filing as well and how much is that? If you pay nothing because you do it yourself, that's not the question I'm asking.

Do you take him/her to a groomer for it or a vet? Do they offer nail filing as well and how much is that? If you pay nothing because you do it yourself, that's not the question I'm asking. ...
    General Dog Discussions : How much do you pay for your dogs nail trim?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much do you pay for your dogs nail trim?

How much do you pay for your dogs nail trim? General Dog Discussions
      Do you take him/her to a groomer for it or a vet? Do they offer nail filing as well and how much is that?
      If you pay nothing because you do it yourself, that's not the question I'm asking.

How much do you pay for your dogs nail trim? General Dog Discussions
    • I don't pay anything because I know how to do it at home. However, the veterinary hospital I most recently worked for charged $15 for a nail trim. They didn't offer filing because the owner of the practice was too cheap to buy a file, and most dogs won't sit still long enough for you to file down their nails after having them clipped anyway.

• I don't take my dog to the groomer. Usually I do it myself but sometimes the vet offers to cut them a bit more. So yeah it really does depend on where you get it. Anything over 5 bucks, to me, is too much.

• It depends by location, and sometimes the size of the dog. Around here it ranges from $10-15, but if you have any dog over 60lbs it can get up to the $20-30 range.

• A grooming salon we go to(K9 kutters) charges $12
      Our vet charges $15
      We stopped taking the dogs to get their nails cut though, a pair of good clipper cost about as much as getting them trimmed so we just do it ourselves now

• It will vary depending where you live. My vet charges $9 for a nail trim. I have a dog with black nails and find them difficult to trim myself. My dog wears her nails down on walks, so we don't need to have them done often.

• The groomers here, including the ones associated with pet stores, all seem to charge $9-11 in this area. This is just for the trim with clippers, so grinding in non-inclusive - you have to pay extra an extra $10 or so for that. Hope this helps!