how much does it cost for a border collie?

I would like to get a puppy border collie. I saw a border collie today at a customer's place of business.She seemed adorable. I have two adult cats in the house so I figure I shouldget a puppy so they won't be intimidated by him. Thanks.Fetch, if you…

I would like to get a puppy border collie. I saw a border collie today at a customer's place of business.She seemed adorable. I have two adult cats in the house so I figure I shouldget a puppy so they won't be intimidated by him. Thanks.Fetch, if you…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : how much does it cost for a border collie?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how much does it cost for a border collie?

how much does it cost for a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      I would like to get a puppy border collie. I saw a border collie today at a customer's place of business.She seemed adorable. I have two adult cats in the house so I figure I shouldget a puppy so they won't be intimidated by him. Thanks.Fetch, if you don't know the answer to the question, I suggest you SHUT IT.

how much does it cost for a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • four dollars.....are you serious? you're asking me? why wouldn't you find someone near you who is SELLING border collies and ask them how much? good grief charlie brownhow much are hamburgers? how much are used bicycles? what color socks am i wearing?gee, my answer was just as informative as the others...hmmmm, maybe that's because its a stupid question.....

• I cant give you the exact price for a bordie collie puppy it varies. But i would sudgest looking at rescue groups or the pound to see if they have a dog. I am not trying to pressure you into anything but there are a large number of dogs put to sleep everyday at the pound becuase they couldnt find an owner. Try looking at http://www.petfinder.com/you can search for dogs in your area. And at most pounds the dogs are free or only like $5.

• A pure bred Border Collie might run you anywhere up to 600 dollars, but you might be able to get one cheaper if they aren't coming with papers. But please don't but one from a pet store, for one it will be a lot more expensive, and second, it's probably from a puppy mill, and will have lots of health problems.You're best bet it so adopt a mixed breed border collie, you could go to this website and type in your zip code and the breed you want and it will tell you which shelters have those dogs close to you, and you might even find a pure bred. All you have to do is pay the adoption fee which is usually around 100 bucks.Good luck.Mixed breeds have less health problems generally than pure breds too....

• keep in mind that Border Collies are herding dogs and require alot of exercise. they need a job or if they are board they will find something to do and you won't like it. they were bred to keep busy and think for them self's. so many end up in shelters or rescue because people think they are adorable puppies (and they are) but do not give any thought to the fact that they don't always make good yard dogs. if they are board they can be very destructive. if you have a job where you can take the dog with you everyday than that would be his job and it should work out fine. research the breed at the site below before you decide.

• For my border collie it cost 25 bucks, from a farmer that didn't get his spayed and didn't want to keep all of them for herding.... mine was a runt.Still, think twice before getting one... they need tons of mental and physical exercise or they get really, really bored. If I didn't keep mine entertained she dug holes and barked CONSTANTLY. So be prepared to spend at least a couple hours a day playing games and exercising her. They should also be kept inside with you as much as possible.... they love being with the family.Instinct could possibly kick in and the puppy may try to herd your cats (and you!), and there isn't much you can do about this, except distract her.

• I agree with a lot of the last couple of answers. Border Collies are extremely demanding dogs, and require a great deal of time, effort, and determination from their owners to become good dogs. They are also not the best choice to bring into a home with cats. (Not the worst either, but not the best.)Please do a great deal of research about the breed before bringing one into your life. If you find that you will have no problems with meeting all of the breeds needs, THEN you can hit the web and search for Border Collie clubs in your area. The clubs will usually have links or numbers for responsible breeders, and you can get your prices from them.The price for well-bred dogs varies significantly by geography in the US, so it's kind of hard to give you an exact price. For example, in my area, even taking a dog home from a shelter is going to cost $50-$100, way more than the $5 mentioned above.

• Getting a puppy of any breed is not a good idea, unless you stay home to raise it & to train it. Puppies require lots of attention, they get bored easily & tend to chew on everything while they are teething. If you rescued a young Border Collie under a year old, would be better, in California I paid $200.00 adoption fee, they learn everything extremely fast! & they have a strong instinct of what belongs to them.It would learn that the cats are it's family & would soon protect them. I adopted a Border Collie from Border Collie rescue who was 2 years old I had a cat at the time, my dog wanted to chase him at first & got in trouble, she learned that the cat was a part of the family & they play together now, my dog is very protective of him.Border Collies are great dogs & require about the same attention as any other dog, my grand partents raised them, I raised 2 BC in a Condo, then I moved to a small ranch here in Calif. They continue to be great dogs, I have horses now, & again my dogs, wanted to herd the horses and had to learn not to. Remember, Border Collies are not the fluffy foofoo dogs that you can baby they need a stern hand or they will take over, (they are bred to think for themselfs) you have to teach them, your the boss. You only have to be stern once, (& maybe remind them, now & again) they learn fast! don't be swayed against the breed, as they are great dogs, they are smart! and happiest when they have something to do, or someone to be with. Thats probably why the woman had such a great dog, she kept it with her at work.Good Luck!