What is the best dog food for a border collie?

Ok, I know I have been asking a lot of questions, so sorry if I am annoying. But, what is a good food for a border collie? I heard that Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild are good foods. And is it true that you have to feed a puppy 3 times a day until…

Ok, I know I have been asking a lot of questions, so sorry if I am annoying. But, what is a good food for a border collie? I heard that Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild are good foods. And is it true that you have to feed a puppy 3 times a day until…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best dog food for a border collie?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best dog food for a border collie?

What is the best dog food for a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      Ok, I know I have been asking a lot of questions, so sorry if I am annoying. But, what is a good food for a border collie? I heard that Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild are good foods. And is it true that you have to feed a puppy 3 times a day until they are older than 6 months?Tori, my cousin's dog eats Blue Buffalo and it's better than Purina.

What is the best dog food for a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Blue Buffalo is the only kind of food that my Border Collie actually enjoys. However, any grain free food should be fine. I am unsure about the length of time that you do, but yes puppies should be fed 3 times per day to start.

• Puppies can eat 2 to three times a day, depending on the dog. Purina is a very good choice for puppy or dog food, because they have purina puppy chow, and purina dog chow. I would go with Purina. When it comes to eating, let your puppy decide. If you puppy eats all of it's food all three times you give it to them in a day then your fine, but you should adjust your dog's food to how much they seem to want to eat as long as you don't feed them more than three times a day. Good Luck!

• Blue is a good brand so is Taste of the Wild, as are several others.My dogs eat Orijen, which was the one food all three did well on. Keep that in mind. Some dogs don't do well on foods that are really good foods.And yes, at first you will need to feed the dog 3 times a day.

• You should feed a puppy as much as they are able to eat within a 10 minute window 2-3 times a day, depending upon the breed and the food being fed.Please ignore any advice to feed your dog raw -- UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING (and you would pretty much need to have a degree in animal nutrition to be qualified) it is extremely dangerous for the novice to attempt. Feed a commercial grain-free diet - it is very healthy and balanced for your dog.

• Taste of the wild, Wellnes core, Evo, Acana, Orjien,Natural balance ultra Canidae,Go! Natural are natural and what nature intendant for. You can Find natural foods at feed store or independent pet store. The best diet would be a raw diet. There are many benefits.The Many Health Advantages of Raw Whole FoodsA natural scrubbing and flossing action upon teeth and gumsClean, strong, white teeth and strong jawsHealthy, pink gumsA reduction, or even elimination, of 'dog breath'Improved overall oral healthIncreased digestibility of mealsSmaller, more compact, less smelly and completely biodegradable stoolsGreater bioavailability of naturally occurring nutrients and enzymes in raw, unground, uncooked meat, organs and bones.Mental, psychological and physical stimulation that increases vitality, while positively influencing your pet’s overall quality of lifeHere are some great websites to get start:-http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html-http://www.rawfeddogs.net/1 week ago Report Abuse

• Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild are very good brands. Also Orijen is nice too... I've also heard good things about Innova, EVO, Canidae, I would check those out. Look for some sort of meat as a first ingredient.. Make sure there is no corn, wheat, soy, sugar, by-products. I would avoid grocery store brands such as Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Kibbles 'n' Bits, Ol' Roy.. They are not good brands. Good luck choosing the right brand and make sure your dog gets all the nutrition they need to be happy!PS: No, asking a lot of questions is not annoying. Its good to ask questions, what other way will you learn things?- Save the Pit Bulls