Why does my border collie have extra long hair on his butt?

I know this seems like a crazy question but my 9month old border collie alexander has 3 inch long hair on his butt where as the rest of his body is about 1 inch. I don't understand why, it looks like he has mud flaps going on. I don't know if its okay to…

I know this seems like a crazy question but my 9month old border collie alexander has 3 inch long hair on his butt where as the rest of his body is about 1 inch. I don't understand why, it looks like he has mud flaps going on. I don't know if its okay to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my border collie have extra long hair on his butt?...

• Why does my border collie have extra long hair on his butt?

Why does my border collie have extra long hair on his butt? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know this seems like a crazy question but my 9month old border collie alexander has 3 inch long hair on his butt where as the rest of his body is about 1 inch. I don't understand why, it looks like he has mud flaps going on. I don't know if its okay to trim his hair. He gets his poop stuck in his hair, that'ss why i would want to trim it. I'm scared of making him look stupid any suggestions as to what i can do or any reasons why is bum hair grows so long?

Why does my border collie have extra long hair on his butt? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Border Collies have many different coat types, although most have a medium to long flat outer coat, with some feathering on legs and chest, and a soft, thick undercoat. Their colors are typically black and white but some appear in browns and greys. Some Border Collies have smooth silky hair, while others are rougher. Their coats are beautiful when well groomed, so give him your time and attention.Also groom it offten and give it baths as poop can become stuck in their hair