How much will a 16kg bag (the large ones) of dog food last a border collie?

I'm planning on getting a border collie soon and I'm just curious about how long (on average) a 16kg bag of dog food will last a medium dog like that?

I'm planning on getting a border collie soon and I'm just curious about how long (on average) a 16kg bag of dog food will last a medium dog like that?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much will a 16kg bag (the large ones) of dog food last a border collie?...

• How much will a 16kg bag (the large ones) of dog food last a border collie?

How much will a 16kg bag (the large ones) of dog food last a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm planning on getting a border collie soon and I'm just curious about how long (on average) a 16kg bag of dog food will last a medium dog like that?

How much will a 16kg bag (the large ones) of dog food last a border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It depends on the quality of the food - high quality means you feed less. Poor quality means you have to feed more to get the same nutrition as a high quality food.A 20kg bag of Canidae ALS lasts my two Dalmatians around a month and a half. I feed them 2 1/2 cups a day each.

• Well depends on how much your dog eats, but here's how you can calculate it:(I use Google for unit conversion, lets say the dog eats 2 cups a day)16 kg to ounces = 564.383391 ounces564.383391 ounces = 70.5479239 cups(Rounded down) 70 / 2 = 35So the bag would last give or take 35 days approx.. Or about a month.Just substitute how much the dog eats a day.If you don't know how much to feed/day, I use Canidae's guide.http://www.canidae.com/dogs/all_life_stages/dry.htmlScroll down the page, and there will be a table for daily feeding guidelines.

• Quality dog food makes a difference, it has more nutrients per pound so you feed less.Feed 1 cup of good dogfood twice a day. A cup is 8 oz so roughly half a pound, You have a 35 pound bag of food. It will last about a month. This is good as you don't want dogfood to get so old it gets stale

• I have a border collie i bought him a new bag today and had to work out how much he needs. He weighs 24kg. He needs 250g a day. It will last about 75 days.Hope this helps. Marie

• Hello SammyYou will need to check out the feeding guide on the packs as each brand will differ.Certainly you will need less of a quality food than one of those whose ingredients are not as good.Difference for my dog (small breed) is 3/4 of a cup vs 1 and 3/4 cups so you can see there is a large amount of difference.Have a look at a great dog food website on different foods and how to pick the right ingredients - see source box below.I have found it is cheaper to feed a quality food!