Which of these breeds would be best for our family?

Just for fun I was looking into some different breeds. I have had APBTs and love them. And this is more for fun than anything. If anything its fun to see others knowledge on breeds, and you also can see who doesn't know what they are talking about.…

Just for fun I was looking into some different breeds. I have had APBTs and love them. And this is more for fun than anything. If anything its fun to see others knowledge on breeds, and you also can see who doesn't know what they are talking about.…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Which of these breeds would be best for our family?...

• Which of these breeds would be best for our family?

Which of these breeds would be best for our family? Dog Breed Discussions
      Just for fun I was looking into some different breeds. I have had APBTs and love them. And this is more for fun than anything. If anything its fun to see others knowledge on breeds, and you also can see who doesn't know what they are talking about. This is all in fun. But who knows I may discover a new breed for me. I will be interested to hear if people think the APBT, a breed I've owned for years is not the right breed for us LOL.These are the breeds some are kind of random:American Pit Bull TerrierAmerican Bulldog Staffordshire Bull TerrierBull TerrierAmerican Staffordshire TerrierAlapaha Blue Blood BulldogOld English BulldogJack Russell TerrierBoston TerrierPatterdale TerrierHere is a bit about us.We have 1 child. We would like another but that doesn't look to be an option. So we are a human family of 3. We have an American Pit Bull Terrier mix. We spend a lot of time outdoors. We love going on hikes on nature trails. We love going to the park. We love to travel, which I'll admit can be hard with an APBT mix. There are a lot of places that don't allow them so we have to plan our trips around that. Plus we are going to go and spend our money in a place that has BSL.We take anywhere from a 2 to 3 mile walk regularly. With an APBT you almost have to. I am a housewife and stay at home mom so the dog is rarely home alone. We have a house now that we own and not rent and we are putting in a fence.Some of these I'm not that interested in, I just threw them in for the sake of the question.Ezzira: My dog is an inside dog and a very friendly and social dog. we have socialized her from day one. She also has her CGC and is very well trained. I'm getting a fence because I don't believe in allowing a dog outside offleash unless in a fence, regardless of breed. I also don't believe in leaving a dog outside unsupervised fence or no fence.Typo: We aren't going to spend our money in a place with BSLIts just a fun lets see what else fits into our family kind of question.we are getting an American Bulldog later this year

Which of these breeds would be best for our family? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Do not judge a dog by it's breed. Every dog is different. Choose the individual dog with the temperament right for you. Don't go on a breed-bias- you seem to like all the the breeds that are very similar. Try to look at other dogs. Dogs are like people- we are all different.

• I guess it's okay for you to have such big doggies since they're never alone and you're so active. My family had Shetland Sheepdogs but unfortunately, no one was ever home to be around them or give them the exercise they needed. That caused them to become really agitated and violent. We had to drive really far away and give them to a cow farmer!Now we have a fat poodle who fits into our lifestyle perfectly.So I guess it's lifestyle. But still, they're animals! It's a good idea to watch out for your neighbors. Just because the dogs have always been nice to you doesn't mean they'll be friendly with outsiders. But you seem to know that since you're getting a fence!

• Gotta love those Jack Russel Terriers. <3 I think a Jack would be a good addition to your family as they are friendly, very energetic, and generally good with kids. Their small size is also a plus. =) The only problem would be that they shed a lot, and most of them like to bark a lot. Also, they have very significant hunting instincts. That's actually all of their negative traits, as far as I know. Generally, they seem to be very good family dogs. =)I don't know much about bulldogs, so I can't really help you there.

• i don't understand why you ask a question that you seem to have answered yourself already.so you want people to say an APBT is not good for a family although you believe it works for you?i don't see the "fun" in that question. you can make any breed work for you. with some dogs it is just more work as you may have experienced yourself by now. A Boston Terrier is a very good family dog by the way. but you should pick a dog according to your energy level. if a 3 mile walk a day is a challenge - try a dog that is happy with less exercise.Plus there are dogs you can even have in your lap in an airplane. that can come in handy.APBT fans always seem surprised that they are banned in some countries and they are not allowed everywhere. some people just can't handle them plus if they bite, it is much more severe than if a Papillon bites. most of them get very defensive. i do not know why.