what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic?

what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic?

what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions

what are all the dogs that are hypoallergenic? Dog Breed Discussions
    • None, there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. There are some dogs that people with allergies tend to have fewer problems with, but that doesn't mean the dog is hypoallergenic. Poodles tend to be the best dog for people with allergies, poodle crosses CAN be good, as long as it inherited the poodle coat. I think there are some others, like the Maltese maybe, but I'm not sure about that one.

• Golden X Poodle DOES NOT EQUAL A HYPOALLERGENIC.NEVER BUY FROM A PETSTORE, BACKYARD BREEDER, PUPPY MILL, OR NEWSPAPER.PLEASE CONSIDER ADOPTING FROM A SHELTER AND DON'T KNOCK THE ADULTS!NO DOG BREED IS 100% GUARANTEED NOT TO CAUSE ALLERGIESPUPPIES CAUSE LESS ALLERGIES THEN ADULTS.affenpinscherAiredale TerrierAmerican Hairless TerrierAustralian TerrierBasenjiBelgian GriffonsBedlington TerrierBelgian Shepherd-LaekenoisBergamasco SheepdogBichon FriseBlack Russian TerrierBichon BologneseBorder TerriersBouvier des FlandresBriardCairn TerrierCesky TerrierChacy RaniorChinese Crested-HairlessChinese Crested powderpuffsCoton De Tulear Dandi Dinmont TerrierWirehaired Fox TerrierGIANT SchnauzerGlen of Imaal TerrierGReyhoundHairless KhalaHavanesePeruvian Inca OrchidIrish TerrierIrish Water SpanielKerry Blue TerrierKomondorLagotto RomagnoloLakeland TerrierLOWchenMaltese Manchester Terrier -toyMi-Ki Minature PoodleMinature SchauzerNative American Indian Dog-Does Shed, but aparently good for allergy suffers Polish Lowland Sheepdog Toy PoodleStandard PoodlePULIStandard SchauzersScottish TerrierSealyham TerrierShih-TzuSilky TerrierSloughi -Average Shedding but aparently good for people with mild dog allergiesSoft Coated Wheaten TerrierSpanish Water Dog TIBetan Mastiff-DOES shed but aparentlyTibetan Terrier Welsh TerrierWest Highland White TerrierWhippetWirehaired Pointing GriffonXoloitzcuintliYorkshire TerrierItalian GreyhoundGreyhoundLIGHT SHEDDING DOGS"American Water SpanielBerger De PicardBrittanyBullmastiffCane Corso ItalianoToy Fox TerrierFrench BrittanyFrench SpanielNorfolk TerrierNorwich TerrierRedbone CoonhoundJapanese Tosa InuShedding Dogsmaremma sheepdogAfghan HoundAkbash DogAlano EspanolAkita InuAlapaha Blue Blood BulldogAlaskan HuskyAlaskan Klee KaiAlaskan MalamuteAmerican BulldogAmerican Cocker SpanielsAmerican Eskimo DogAmerican FoxhoundAmerican Mastiff"American Mastiff Panja"American Pit Bull TerrierAmerican Staffordshire TerrierAmerican White Shepherd"Anatolian Shepherd DogAtlas TerrierAustralian Bulldog"Australian Cattle DogAustralian KelpieLabrador x Poodle=Some may be called Australian Labradoodles, other maybe called LabradoodlesAustralian ShepherdAustralian Stumpy Tail Cattle DogAzawakh HoundBanter BulldoggeBasset HoundBeagleBearded CollieBeauceron"Belgian Shepherd-GroenendaelBelgian Shepherd-MalinoisBelgian Shepherd-Tervuren"Bernese Mountain DogBloodhoundsBoerboel "Bohemian ShepherdBorder CollieBorzoiBoston Terriers BoxerDanish BroholmerBull TerrierEnglish BulldogBritish BulldogCanaan DogPerro de Presa CanarioCaravan HoundCarlin Pinscher'sCardigan Welsh Corgi"Cavalier King Charles SpanielCentral Asian OvtcharkaCesky FousekChesapeake Bay RetrieverChihuahuaChinookChow ChowClumber SpanielAmerican Cocker SpanielEnglish Cocker SpanielCollie-Rough and SmoothPembroke Welsh CorgiCretan HoundCroatian SheepdogCurly-Coated RetrieverCzechoslovakian WolfdogDachshundDakotah ShepherdDalmatian Danish BroholmerDanish-Swedish Farm DogDoberman PinscherDOgo ArgentinoDogue Brasileiro "Dogue de BordeauxSwedish Dachsbracke"English CoonhoundEnglish FoxhoundEnglish SetterEnglish Springer SpanielEnglish Toy SpanielEntlebucher SennenhundEstonian Hound Fila Brasileiro"Finnish Hound"Finnish SpitzFlat-Coated RetrieverSmooth Fox TerrierFrench BulldogGerman PinscherGerman Shorthaired PointerGerman Shepherd DogKeeshond PomeranianGerman Wirehaired PointerGiant Maso MastiffGolden Retriever Gordon Setter Great DaneGreat PyreneesGreater Swiss Mountain DogHarrierHellenikos IchnilatisHovawartIbizan HoundIcelandic SheepdogIrish Red and White SetterIrish Red SetterIrish WolfhoundJapanese SpanielJapanese SpitzJindoKangal DogKarelian Bear DogKeeshondKooikerhondjeGerman Koolie Korean Dosa MastiffKuvaszKyi-Leo® DogLabrador Retriever Landseer Newfoundland Large MünsterländerLeonbergerLhasa ApsoLlewellin Setter Louisiana Catahoula Leopard DogLundehundManchester Terrier Old English Mastiff Miniature PinscherHungarian Mudi Neapolitan MastiffNew Zealand HuntawayNewfoundlandNorwegian BuhundNorwegian ElkhoundNova Scotia Duck-Tolling RetrieverOld English SheepdogOlde Boston BulldoggeOlde English BulldoggeOlde Victorian BulldoggeOtterhound PapillionPekingesePerdiguero de BurgosPetit Basset Griffon VendeenPharaoh HoundPointerPortuguese HoundPražský KrysaříkPUGRafeiro do AlentejoRhodesian RidgebackRoman RottweilerRottweilerRussian SpanielRussian Toy TerrierSaint BernardSalukiSamoyedScottish DeerhoundChinese Shar-PeiShetland SheepdogJapanese Shiba Inu Scotch Collie ShikokuShiloh ShepherdSiberian HuskySilken WindhoundSlovensky CuvacFox TerrierSpanish MastiffJack RussellStabyhounStaffordshire Bull TerrierSussex SpanielSwedish VallhundTamaskan DogTibetan SpanielTreeing Walker CoonhoundValley BulldogVictorian BulldogVizslaWeimaranerWelsh Springer SpanielWirehaired Pointing GriffonPOODLE X DON'T GUARANTEE A NON SHEDDING DOG

• There is no such thing because the allergen exists in the skin, not the coat. But "hair" breeds (where the hair continuously grows) as opposed to "fur" breeds (Like goldens, Labs, terriers) tend to be easier to manage for those with allergies to dander.

• There really aren't any dogs that are truely hypoallergenic unless you mean a toy made out of hypoallergenic materials. There are some breeds and mixes that don't shed much. These are the drop coated breeds like shih tzus, the fuzzy single coated breeds like poodles and bichon frises, and some of the terriers like soft coated wheatens. All of these dogs will require at minimum weekly grooming to prevent their hair caot form matting up. Many people are not allergic to the dogs themselves but to all the stuff and dirt that they drag in from outside.

• Don't believe all the 'doodle' hype - some but not all crosses with poodles have lower allergens.The wirehaired breeds are often low dander dogs due to the harsher more oily coat (I have a friend who is allergic to many dogs but not to my border terriers for example)The best idea is to spend some time with various breeds as you may have tolerance to a particular breed.ideas include. wire haired breeds eg dachshunds, some terriers, some hounds, Chinese crested, pulis, poodles.good luck

• even hairless dogs shed skin cells..allergies come from the dander/skin being shed not the hair...there are also no breeds that do not shed 100% unless like I said they are hairless..but most hairless dogs have fine hair on their bodies as well...so believe me they come out as well...most of these things are a scam ran by breeders to push puppies onto allergy sufferers or neat freaks that cannot stand pet hair

• people think they are allergic to dog hair but its not the hair its the skin dander you are allergic to. I have a pomeranian and he gives me no problems with my allergies. I think because the pomeranian has 2 coats of hair: a thick undercoat and longer fine coat on top. My theory is the dander really doesn't make it to the surface very much. Don't get a short haired dog, the dander is right on top to aggrevate you. Bathing the dog once a week is a good idea for allergy sufferers, but I don't know how good it is for the dog. Also non shedding dogs like Bichons, maltese are usally ok for allergy sufferers. I use nasonex too. Its a prescription steriod nasal spray which stops allergic reactions from happening. Its wonderful stuff. Ask your Doctor.