American Bulldog Bloodline?

out of curiosity i was just wondering what the difference between American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=248be61d6418ad2a2d9501e7536efb8efd571eeb">bulldog</a> blood lines are? for example Johnson vs Boyd?also is there a type of bloodline to prefer when purchasing a dog?

out of curiosity i was just wondering what the difference between American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=248be61d6418ad2a2d9501e7536efb8efd571eeb">bulldog</a> blood lines are? for example Johnson vs Boyd?also is there a type of bloodline to prefer when purchasing a dog?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : American Bulldog Bloodline?...

• American Bulldog Bloodline?

American Bulldog Bloodline? Dog Breed Discussions
      out of curiosity i was just wondering what the difference between American bulldog blood lines are? for example Johnson vs Boyd?also is there a type of bloodline to prefer when purchasing a dog?

American Bulldog Bloodline? Dog Breed Discussions
    • i think that it goes back to the theory that american bull dogs are a "made up" breed meaning a mixture of other breeds and the different types of bloodlines are dependent on which breeds make up that particular dog. bull dogs as a general rule have lots of health issues from skin problems to tracheal issues, to bad bone structure. be sure to do lots of research and be certain that you can put in the money required to keep one of these high maintenance dogs healthy.

• Both developers of the breed... both used different stock in creating (well, technically re-creating) the "American Bulldog". Really the differences are in genotype these days, less in phenotyping because there has been so much mixing of each bloodline.... Little history lesson: Originally Bullenbijters and bulldogs looked like and acted like the modern day American bulldog, not the English Bulldog. They were of sound body, incredibly agile and strong and fearless...and ferocious. I believe the other poster's warning about the health of the breed is about the English Bulldog.What's even more interesting to me are the differences between the OTHER types of bulldogs... Guatemalan, Alapaha Blue Blood, etc....