How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)?

I'm just wondering. I know some of you think the new breed <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=70ca8746a566888cd43e494e0abcde1e233edc61">Alaskan Klee Kai</a> or Tamaskan dogs are just mutts but most breeds were mutts at one time and became registered later as an actual breed.I'm wondering how long it takes a breed to become…

How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)?

I'm just wondering. I know some of you think the new breed <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=70ca8746a566888cd43e494e0abcde1e233edc61">Alaskan Klee Kai</a> or Tamaskan dogs are just mutts but most breeds were mutts at one time and became registered later as an actual breed.I'm wondering how long it takes a breed to become…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)?...

• How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)?

How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm just wondering. I know some of you think the new breed Alaskan Klee Kai or Tamaskan dogs are just mutts but most breeds were mutts at one time and became registered later as an actual breed.I'm wondering how long it takes a breed to become recognized?Also, how does one submit a breed of dogs to be registered with the AKC or CKC? Are there guidelines and requirements?

How long does it take a new breed to be registered with AKC or CKC (canadian not continental)? Dog Breed Discussions
    • As far as CKC is concerned, I'm not sure. With AKC, the breeds must have a parent club dedicated to the breed and it is the parent club that has to register for acceptance...it usually takes a lot of time and diligence. specific amounts of time depends on how new the breed is and if the AKC is at all interested in the breed to begin with

• A new breed has to serve a purpose. A standard has to be written, and a plan needs to be in place in order to achieve what goals are set. First they would have to have success in breeding to standard, THEN that standard has to continue to be met by breeding true. This takes many decades to accomplish, and many who set out to have a new breed recognized never achieve their goal