Why do people call Alaskan Klee Kai's, Mini Huskies?

In no way shape or form is the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=ae17a9b1fe5fd6afb2b52bb62e5710aa9d0cb53d">alaskan klee kai</a>'s related to the siberian husky. Some say it is a miniature version of the Alaskan husky which is false. This dog has been bred to a number of different kind of dogs to develop into what it is. The…

In no way shape or form is the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=ae17a9b1fe5fd6afb2b52bb62e5710aa9d0cb53d">alaskan klee kai</a>'s related to the siberian husky. Some say it is a miniature version of the Alaskan husky which is false. This dog has been bred to a number of different kind of dogs to develop into what it is. The…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why do people call Alaskan Klee Kai's, Mini Huskies?...

• Why do people call Alaskan Klee Kai's, Mini Huskies?

Why do people call Alaskan Klee Kai's, Mini Huskies? Dog Breed Discussions
      In no way shape or form is the alaskan klee kai's related to the siberian husky. Some say it is a miniature version of the Alaskan husky which is false. This dog has been bred to a number of different kind of dogs to develop into what it is. The reason why I am asking is, people tend to think this breed dog is a mini version of a siberian husky. In no way shape or form does this dog relate to a husky other than they look similar. The Alaskan klee kai's personality is equivalent to a Pomeranian! Anyone got an explanation?

Why do people call Alaskan Klee Kai's, Mini Huskies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You answered your own question. People assume they are a "miniature Siberian Husky" because they so closely resemble one. In all honesty, I've never heard of the breed. So if you showed me a picture of one (which I just googled), I'd probably say the same thing. "Hey, that looks like a smaller version of the Husky". Its just purely a lack of education on the breed. Just simply say what you said here (they actually aren't even related to the Husky and are more closely comparable to a Pomeranian) and you'll of educated someone on the breed. No harm, no foul. Sometimes as an owner, that's part of our obligation. I also own a dog that is commonly mistaken for another breed. I just smile and correct them. No big deal.

• Easy, because they look remotely similar. Thats all it takes its. The same for collies and shelties, they are hardly related at all and have polar opposite temperaments. The same thing goes for dobermans and min pins, I know people who own both and people always ask if the min pin is the dobermans puppy or comment on their cute minature doberman. Min pins where actually around before the Doberman was created so if anything people should be saying "what a lovely giant min pin you have!"

• There are many breeds that look alike. For example a Belgian Malinois could be mistaken for a German Shepherd mix or a Chesapeake Bay Retriever for a Lab mix. The same is true for the Klee Kai. They look similar to the Sibe so they are easily mistaken for either that breed, a mix of that breed, or another northern breed all together.My dog Brasky is a purebred GSD, but because he's mostly German lines and a long coat he gets mistaken for a mix quite often.

• Here you can read about the history of the breed at the creators website - "The Comprehensive Review of the Origin of the Alaskan Klee Kai" and the breed standard website is listed below also.The breeds that were used were a husky, Siberian Husky, Schipperke and the American Eskimo.After 30 years the Alaskan Klee Kai are now a purebred dog, is recongized by the United Kennel Club (UKC), the second largest registery in the US. The breed has been submitted to the American Kennel Club (AKC) the largest registery in the US.Their personalities are quite like the northern breeds.Below are some website you might like to check out when you can.The webshots is our personal photo album.