Average Price for Alaskan Klee Kai?

I'm planning on getting another dog and I really like Husky type dogs, I found the Klee Kai while researching smaller breeds of this type. Anyone have one? How much should I expect to pay for one?

I'm planning on getting another dog and I really like Husky type dogs, I found the Klee Kai while researching smaller breeds of this type. Anyone have one? How much should I expect to pay for one?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Average Price for Alaskan Klee Kai?...

• Average Price for Alaskan Klee Kai?

Average Price for Alaskan Klee Kai? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm planning on getting another dog and I really like Husky type dogs, I found the Klee Kai while researching smaller breeds of this type. Anyone have one? How much should I expect to pay for one?

Average Price for Alaskan Klee Kai? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Up in the thousands, often in the two thousand range.I was looking at the Klee Kai for a while, they are a very cute and admirable breed (well, not a breed yet). And I contacted several rescue groups, several breeders, etc, and the base price was about one thousand dollars for a dog. Its not *that* much, because of all the genetic testing that has to be done to the parents to make sure they'll pass on that "tiny" trait.

• They are rare and fairly expensive. They have to be bought from a breeder and there aren't that many. Klee Kai's run in three different sizes-- Toy, Miniature, and Standard. A well bred dog will probably be around $1,500-2,000+ (Not counting the expense of the dog possibly being shipped, etc. They come in different color variations, that will affect the price also.)Read about the breed, they have several different health issues.

• From another poster: "Its not *that* much, because of all the genetic testing that has to be done to the parents to make sure they'll pass on that "tiny" trait."That statement is not true, the breeders do testing to make sure that the breed stays healthy. The AKK have the same issues as any small breed.You need to contact the AKK breeders to know that they charge. And it also depends on the quality of the dog, a conformation quality, breeding quality or a companion. You can find AKK breeders listed at:http://www.akkaoa.orghttp://www.uakka.comAnd yes the AKK are a recongized breed... by the United Kennel Club, the second largest registery and the Americian Rare Breed Association.I hope this helps in your AKK Adventures.AKKTerry

• I have an AKK and she's a great dog. They act just like like siberan huskies. most breeders sell their dogs for $1500, but you might be able to get one for $1000 if you look hard enough. If you want a black/white coat with two blue eyes, be willing to pay closer to $2000.www.akkaoa.org is a great place to start lookingand anyone selling an akk that is not a breeder is probably breaking their contract so be careful