How much do Alaskan Klee Kais cost?

They are minature alaskan huskies thanks. I would like one with blue eyes

They are minature alaskan huskies thanks. I would like one with blue eyes...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much do Alaskan Klee Kais cost?...

• How much do Alaskan Klee Kais cost?

How much do Alaskan Klee Kais cost? Dog Breed Discussions
      They are minature alaskan huskies thanks. I would like one with blue eyes

How much do Alaskan Klee Kais cost? Dog Breed Discussions
    • her is some info about themAKK come in three different sizes: Toy (13" and under), Miniature (over 13" - 15"), and Standard (over 15" - 17"). There are dogs that end up taller than 17". These dogs would not be considered breeding or show quality, but they would still make a great pet.AKK may be black/white, gray/white, or red/white. The reds are still very rare. At this time, I believe there are 12 confirmed reds. Cocal Klee Kai is proud that we have produced one of these reds! Sometimes, there are all white AKK. That is an automatic disqualification. Again, these would make great pets on a spay/nueter contract only.Just like huskies, AKK can have brown or blue eyes. Some dogs are bi-eyed, which means they have one brown eye and one blue eye. Some dogs are parti-eyed, which means one or both eyes has brown and blue in it.SheddingLike most Northern breeds, the AKK have double coats. They do shed daily (just like you!), but twice a year they "blow" their coats. At this time, they lose most of their undercoat. This takes a lot of brushing and vacuuming.My home is full of fur. My vacuum canister is full of fur. I have fur on my clothes. There is fur in my car. Do not consider getting this breed if you about picky about having fur on everything.TempermentThe AKK was bred to be a companion animal. They are very loyal and alert. Every AKK I have met is very curious and very nosy. While they are loving and affectionate with those they know, they are reserved with strangers and in strange situations. You must be willing to work with your dog in order to properly socialize him. This includes going to obedience classes and bringing your dog into new situations.Kira came from a large kennel, so she did not have as much experience with people and new situations as a dog from a smaller, house kennel. I took a lot of time working with her and she is definitely more outgoing and able to handle strange new things. No matter where you get your dog from, the responsibility is yours to shape your dog's ability to interact with the world.RarityThis is a rare breed. Most people have never heard of them. Everytime I step out the door with Kira, I am prepared to answer questions about the breed. You will not be able to escape this! I always joke that I have a famous dog because she gets so much attention. I just want you to be prepared for this, because if you have an AKK it will happen to you!Another concern that may arise from the rarity of the breed is cost. I have seen a range from $800-$3000. The price is relative to sex, pet quality vs. show quality, geography, the individual breeder, and so on. Usually, breeders do not have set prices, because it really just depends on the dog and the situation. I think that the price is worth it because these dogs are very rare and this helps preserve the integrity of the breed. You need to make that decision for yourself. Also be aware that once you decide this is the breed for you, there is usually a wait list of people in front of you for a puppy (depending on the breeder).