Please Help me out Dog people of Yahoo answers?

I am writing a novel and the main characters are dogs. I have been researching these breeds on the internet but if anyone has any personal experience with any of these breeds please share with meBreeds:German ShepherdWolf-dogShiba Inu Alaskan Klee…

I am writing a novel and the main characters are dogs. I have been researching these breeds on the internet but if anyone has any personal experience with any of these breeds please share with meBreeds:German ShepherdWolf-dogShiba Inu Alaskan Klee…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Please Help me out Dog people of Yahoo answers?...

• Please Help me out Dog people of Yahoo answers?

Please Help me out Dog people of Yahoo answers? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am writing a novel and the main characters are dogs. I have been researching these breeds on the internet but if anyone has any personal experience with any of these breeds please share with meBreeds:German ShepherdWolf-dogShiba Inu Alaskan Klee KaiSchipperkeGiant SchnauzerBeauceronand Pembroke Corgi

Please Help me out Dog people of Yahoo answers? Dog Breed Discussions
    • i love german shepards. my grandma grew up in germany and my dads entire life and most of mine they had german shepards with german names. :) the most popular we used 4 times was Maedchen, it means "little girl" and every one of them was amazing. very loyal, amazing guard dogs. you can actually buy a german trained german sheperd that has 30+ commands to protect you to the point killing... they cost like 30,000$ :) police use them the most out of any dog, and they're still one of the most popular seeing eye dog breeds.

• I own Corgis and am a volunteer for Corgi Rescue. So here are my thoughts on CorgisCorgis are high energy, stubborn, strong-willed little fur buckets. Corgis shed, lots. They are very intelligent, so they need lots of exercise and mental stimulation. They were bred to be herding dogs, and you have to be tough to be that small and be able to push cows around. My favorite description is "big dogs with no legs".Don't mistake them for cute little lap dogs! They are cuddly and affectionate, but only after they are worn out! They absolutely must have obedience training. Otherwise they will be bossy and domineering. They make wonderful hiking companions, agility dogs, and often do well at herding and tracking. They don't do as well at obedience. They tend to get bored and make up their own routines. Did I mention they shed?

• I've had friends who owned wolf-husky mixes. We live in Texas, so not sure where the unusually high instance of such a mix comes into play... I don't know the topic of your novel, but the wolf mixes seem to be unaggressive towards people AND animals. But only if you get the dog from a breeder which breeds this type of dog specifically. Supposedly the wolves used for the breeding need to have been removed from the wild for 20 generations- ? Not sure about the number, but I know that there is a standard. Not prescribing to that standard could result in grave consequences I suppose (by the fault of the breeder). None of the wolf mixes I have known also don't seem to end up the healthiest of dogs. #1 because people tend to keep them outside in a general sized backyard (an awful way to keep a dog, for several reasons) and #2 don't get the kind of exercise and mental stimulation that they need from their owners. Things that are needed for your average domesticated dog, but are even more vital to a dog closer to it's natural roots. Hope this helps!

• I own Alaskan Klee Kai. The Plural of Alaskan Klee Kai is also Alaskan Klee Kai. What would you like to know about them? I have learned that these dogs are not at all like Siberian huskies although the appearance is close. They are still little huskies indeed, but they will not go off with strangers like their larger cousins. You cannot hook up the wagon to them to take the thieves stuff to their truck. If you are not THEIR human, they are not likely to just freely come up to you. You would have a hard time catching them if they are not yours, where as their owners can stoop down and call them and they will come running. Siberians are not near as fiercely loyal as this breed is. They are more skittish, but I like the difference between the breeds. Any one who has had a dog of a gregarious breed stolen from them can truly appreciate a pet that doesn't want strangers messing with them. They remind me of a two year old meeting strangers for the first time. Sometimes hiding behind their moms legs.