where can i buy an alaskan klee kai puppy at a decent price?

i live in nj and ive been looking online for these pups but they are all far i cannot find any for sale in nj can someone help please?

i live in nj and ive been looking online for these pups but they are all far i cannot find any for sale in nj can someone help please?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : where can i buy an alaskan klee kai puppy at a decent price?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• where can i buy an alaskan klee kai puppy at a decent price?

where can i buy an alaskan klee kai puppy at a decent price? Dog Breed Discussions
      i live in nj and ive been looking online for these pups but they are all far i cannot find any for sale in nj can someone help please?

where can i buy an alaskan klee kai puppy at a decent price? Dog Breed Discussions
    • this is not a very common breed, there are very few breeders in the US.If you cannot find one in NJ, then you will have to have one shipped.Not sure what a "decent price" is to you, but considering how uncommon the breed is, you can expect to pay around $800-1200 for a pet-quality puppy, plus the cost of shipping.Here's a breeder referral list from the AKK clubhttp://www.akkaoa.org/breeders.html

• Ok, just saying to you and others, she probably can't find one at a shelter, they are a rare breed. Try kijiji.com that's where I got my poodle puppy :) Oh, and a similar breed is a shiba inu. Easier to find, but still husky-like, but much smaller

• Hi Jersey girl! Great to see that someone else out there is thinking along the same lines as me. I suggest contact a local or nearby state rescue group of Alaskan .....pups. I was going to purchase an Akita from a breeder but found their were so many out there that needed love, care and home so I searched many Akita rescues and I am very pleased to report we are now on our 3rd Akita rescue!~Cheers!

• You will not find a breeder in NJ because the only NJ breeder moved to WVA. But NJ is centrally located between a good many breeders on the east coast. Most of us are willing to meet you half way. As far as price the east coast breeders seem to be cheaper with the price increasing as you go west. Plan on nothing less that 1500.00 for a pup. A retired dog may go for less but they will also not be pups. Go to AKKAOA.ORG and follow the breeders list for a rundown of all the known breeders in the country. Most will ship, some will not and require you fly in and pick up your pup. With all the problems breeders have been having with airlines lately there is a good reason for having new owners come in and get their babies. Also do not be afraid to ask breeders if you can come visit their dogs first. AKK can be noisy. You need to be aware of how noisy.I also DO NOT recommend Akitas as they are more for protection and can be aggressive. Same with the Shiba. They tend to be more aggressive than an AKK but less than an Akita. Good luck in your search. AKK not only are rare but have small litters so there is not a glut of pups at any given time. Be prepared to wait up to a year for your pup. With more breeders the wait is shorter at times but there is still a wait. Also don't be so specific in what you want. If you want a blue eyed black and white be prepared to wait 2 or more years. If you just want an AKK and don't care about sex or color you are more likely to wait a lesser amount of time.