What is the most wolf like dog breed or a dog breed that resembles a wolf?

know the utonogan is one, can some one give me a list of breeds please?I'm not planning to find a breeder to adopt one, but I just wanna know. Besides, I'm more of the rescue a dog from the pound that needs a home and help kind of person.

know the utonogan is one, can some one give me a list of breeds please?I'm not planning to find a breeder to adopt one, but I just wanna know. Besides, I'm more of the rescue a dog from the pound that needs a home and help kind of person. ...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the most wolf like dog breed or a dog breed that resembles a wolf?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the most wolf like dog breed or a dog breed that resembles a wolf?

What is the most wolf like dog breed or a dog breed that resembles a wolf? Dog Breed Discussions
      know the utonogan is one, can some one give me a list of breeds please?I'm not planning to find a breeder to adopt one, but I just wanna know. Besides, I'm more of the rescue a dog from the pound that needs a home and help kind of person.

What is the most wolf like dog breed or a dog breed that resembles a wolf? Dog Breed Discussions
    • my cousin works at a wolf/coyote rescue.she said that the main dog is a german shepard (b/c of the tail. wolves tails dont curl...they are straight)but coat wise...I would say a husky or a malamutebut- NEVER get a wolfdog/wolf hybrid. very few people can actually handle them. I really advise you not to.

• depending on where you live you can actually get a wolf hybrid. but Huskies are actually the most wolf like. they are actually what is used in most movies as wolves because they come in all colors. a Greenland is close and actually descends from the wolf unlike the husky and malamute. A malamute is also close.but the husky is the most used to portray a wolf most people are just used to the black white or red and white and don't realize that they come in so many colors. these are the ones that most resemble them that are AKC registrable however if you are just looking for a dog to resemble them that is not AKC recognized there are Tamaskans, Northern Inuit, Utonagan, or the Alaskan Husky which is what I raise and really which is what most are but they are giving them fancy names to make their own breed.. There are some others but this is a good list.

• Saarloos WolfhoundCzechoslovakian WolfdogLupo ItalianoAmerican Tundra ShepherdTamaskanSwedish JämthundNorwegian ElkhoundWest Siberian LaikaEast Siberian LaikaKarelo-Finnish LaikaRusso-European LaikaShikoku inuKai inuKunming WolfdogBerger Blanc SuisseNative American Indian DogMalamuteHuskyNorthern InuitSwedish ValhundKeeshondAmerican Eskimo DogAlaskan Klee-KaiGreenland DogAkitaIrish Wolfhound^ Most of these look like wolves, or have traces of wolves in their ancestry

• The closest dogs that resemble a wolf are the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog and the Saarlos Wolfhound. The Siberian Husky and the Alaskan Malamute. If you want a smaller dog than its an Alaskan Klee Kai. Also a few mixed breeds, like part German Shepherd Dogs or part Husky or anything like that. Irish Wolfhound is the biggest dog and hunted wolves and it kind of looks like a wolf in some way. A mix of Husky and German Shepherd might look like a wolf....Here is the list:-Czechoslovakian Wolfhound-Saarlos Wolfhound-Siberian Husky-Alaskan Malamute-Alaskan Klee Kai-mixed breeds-Irish WolfhoundHope I helped!