Better apartment dog, Alaskan Kli Kai or king charles cavalier spaniel?

- Which breed barks less, generally?- Which is easier to train?- Which will be most bonded with me, and a true mans best friend?

- Which breed barks less, generally?- Which is easier to train?- Which will be most bonded with me, and a true mans best friend?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Better apartment dog, Alaskan Kli Kai or king charles cavalier spaniel?...

• Better apartment dog, Alaskan Kli Kai or king charles cavalier spaniel?

Better apartment dog, Alaskan Kli Kai or king charles cavalier spaniel? Dog Breed Discussions
      - Which breed barks less, generally?- Which is easier to train?- Which will be most bonded with me, and a true mans best friend?

Better apartment dog, Alaskan Kli Kai or king charles cavalier spaniel? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I would reccomend a king charles for the following reasons 1. They are much less expensive (around $800 to over a thousand from a breeder,) than Klee Kais(Which can cost up to $2000-$4000 for a single puppy from a breeder). 2. They have been bred much more widely and for a longer period of time than Klee Kais, so it is more likely that you will get a better temperament. Klee Kais like to bark, but kings do not bark very often.With training, I would say kings are easier to train, as the klee klais tend to have an independant streak, as they are related to the husky.Both dogs are very loving, and both will become very bonded with you. Kings will follow you all around the house, everywhere you go.

• I have met four people with Klee Kais. Not one of them actually liked their dog, and all of them mentioned at one time or another that they wished they had not gotten it. Not exactly glowing recommendations...Cavaliers are very charming and personable dogs, maybe the sweetest breed of dog. They come with the potential for very serious medical conditions, and anyone who is thinking about acquiring one needs to find a breeder who is doing extensive health testing and pedigree research. Having lost both of my Dobermans to cardiomyopathy and knowing that 50 - 60% of Dobermans will probably develop cardiomyopathy... I still will likely get another. I would be too scared of the health issues to ever buy a Cav.Klee Kais bark. Cavaliers make ungodly bizarre noises that dogs shouldn't even be able to make... hysterically funny, but noisy. Klee Kais will be noisy when they're bored and alone. Cavaliers will make noise conversationally when you're home.A Cavalier will be easier to train.A Cavalier will be more bonded to it's owner.

• I agree with both of the above answers. One thing they didn't mention is the health problems. Miniaturizing a specific breed can lead to sever health problems and genetic defects. Not only would it cost more initially, but it would also cost more in the long run. It takes a very special person to like Klee Kai's, and I would not recommend this breed to anybody who is relatively new at dog ownership. They are cute on the outside, but it's the inside that counts.