Can i petition another apartment resident to remove his dog from the complex?

Call animal Control. Talk to the owner. Change apartments. Talk to the landlord.

Call animal Control. Talk to the owner. Change apartments. Talk to the landlord....
    General Dog Discussions : Can i petition another apartment resident to remove his dog from the complex?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can i petition another apartment resident to remove his dog from the complex?

Can i petition another apartment resident to remove his dog from the complex? General Dog Discussions
      Call animal Control. Talk to the owner. Change apartments. Talk to the landlord.

Can i petition another apartment resident to remove his dog from the complex? General Dog Discussions
    • Do you have a leash law in your area? If you don't know, find out first. If there isn't one, find out what the laws state about aggressive dogs. If there is no law pertaining to dogs that are aggressive to animals, then there is nothing you can do legally.Is this owner friendly? If so, I would approach him first, and explain your concern. Maybe you can suggest a trainer/behaviorist in your area (do your research, ask a vet for a recommendation perhaps!) and offer it up to him and he may be more inclined to call, since he won't have to do the "looking" himself...the number will be right there! If you could get an actual business card from the trainer, even better, as it could be more enticing for him to call.What type of dog does he have? You could also tell him that you worry that if his dog does get into a fight with another dog, a child may accidentally wind up in the middle of it and get seriously injured. This is a very valid concern and could really happen. I do suggest that if you talk to him, you do so in a non threatening manner. The goal is to get this do help, and he will be more receptive if you come to him in a way that sounds like you care about the well being of his dog as well, and don't sound like you are wanting his dog to be put to death, which willl most likely happen if he is forced to put it in a pound. Do you mind if I ask what the circumstances were surrounding the attacks? How did the other dog approach your dog? Running? What was his body posture? Was he making any sounds? What was your dog doing? Was your dog vocalizing?

• My Husband & I are site managers at our complex. We have strict rules about pets in the leases. You need to find out if there is a by-line in the lease concerning leashes first. If so, from there, you file a formal complaint with the managers which can be forwarded to the owners who set the rules. From there you check in with your towns leash-laws! An aggressive animal is NOT well tolerated in any "community" such as an apartment environment. If all else fails, contact animal control, and they will warn the owners of the aggressive dog first, then take it if any more complaints are lodged against them. In an apartment "community" all must be considerate of others! I hope this helps! Just follow protocol! All will be well for you in the long-run if you don't cause a rift with the neighbor right off the bat!

• If you talked to the owner of that dog, which I think you did already, but no problem resolved, the next time you see the dog call the animal control or put poisoned meat for the problem dog (I'm just kidding, just call animal control, lol).

• My neighbor just got a dog that attacks children. I watched it bite a kid a few weeks ago. I've called the cops twice. They are protecting the people, with the biting dog. They Say "It didn't break the skin" Like that's a reason to allow the dog to bite little kids.If your dog is AKC or GKC, IF he or she is harmed, take your dog to the vet, leave it there over night for observation, then give these people the bill. Take em to small claims court for total cost.

• Call your local animal control. they will go down there and talk with the owner..we had a similiar problem where our neighbors 2 dogs are both agressive towards other dogs and some humans( our neighbors know that) and they let them run off leashed...we talked to them once but then figured it would be better to call the humane society on them for a more added affect.. they ( one husky mix, and one medium sized furball) attacked our 2 dogs ( 8 yr old collie & 3 yr old JRT, got a good chunk of hair off our collie) 3 times.. Humane society came down and talked to them, gave them tickets for having unleashed dogs. and our neighbors may hate us but now they always have their dogs on leash though their badly behavied dogs still go crazy when other dogs come around. i also videoed and took pictures of the dogs off leash for more evidence if our humane society didnt believe us.

• I guess it depends what it says in your lease agreement. If the dog is unleashed and you have a leash law in your state, then you can probably call police and complain and ask them what action can be taken.

• Call the local animal control officer. This isn't an apartment problem - this is a neighborhood problem, and you pay the animal control officer to make sure everyone complies with the laws which make it possible for everyone to live together safely with animals. If the dog is allowed to run amuck, the ACO will be on the lookout, and nab it the next time - or put them on notice for keeping a dangerous dog. It will be resolved quickly after that, one way or another.