If a certain breed or animal is rare do you thing they can be breed.?

I know in regular circumstances you should spay or nurture your dog but Klee Kai (dog that looks like a tiny husky) are rare dogs. When i say rare i don't mean close to extinct. I mean you don't see a lot of people with them. Since this is true do you…

I know in regular circumstances you should spay or nurture your dog but Klee Kai (dog that looks like a tiny husky) are rare dogs. When i say rare i don't mean close to extinct. I mean you don't see a lot of people with them. Since this is true do you…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : If a certain breed or animal is rare do you thing they can be breed.?...

• If a certain breed or animal is rare do you thing they can be breed.?

If a certain breed or animal is rare do you thing they can be breed.? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know in regular circumstances you should spay or nurture your dog but Klee Kai (dog that looks like a tiny husky) are rare dogs. When i say rare i don't mean close to extinct. I mean you don't see a lot of people with them. Since this is true do you think its ok then to breed them?

If a certain breed or animal is rare do you thing they can be breed.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • They aren't that rare. They should only be bred once they reached CH status with the Alaskan Klee Kai Club of America. http://www.akkaoa.org/Go to any dog park for any length of time, and you'll see people who own them.Edit: I will tell you that they aren't good quality Klee Kais, but they are Klee Kais. No one with a good quality dog would ever take the dog to a dog park. Even many people with pet quality dogs won't do dog parks. And people like me quit using dog parks.

• ONLY if the male and female are good healthy specimens that will advance the breed.You should check with a breeder or vet to ask what specific testing needs to be done and DO it.You do not want to be reproducing any animal that has genetic faults.You should also try and find people who would be interested in buying these puppies BEFORE you create them.These would beresponsiblee things to do before breeding.

• Absolutely NOT. Breeding just because they're uncommon and you want to see more of them just makes you a lousy hobby breeder and NOT someone i would buy from. Quantity means JACK SQUAT if they aren't quality (IE healthy)! I would rather a breed be uncommon than it be overbred by idiots and morons who think it's "cool" to breed "rare" dogs. Look at Labs! Overbreeding has caused so many health and behavioral issues it isn't funny!Now, if you wanted to breed champion quality animals that have been health tested and cleared of genetic diseases then be my guest.