Minature husky or Alaskan Klee Kai?

I'm in college right now but after I get a bigger apartment I want either an minature husky or an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=91c4ec8780ec3d2ffe2bb14589fa078540298ef3">alaskan klee kai</a>. It will just be me and my gf. We will be home a lot in the evenings but not during the day. Which would be better for a place with a back…

I'm in college right now but after I get a bigger apartment I want either an minature husky or an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-alaskan-klee-kai/?s=91c4ec8780ec3d2ffe2bb14589fa078540298ef3">alaskan klee kai</a>. It will just be me and my gf. We will be home a lot in the evenings but not during the day. Which would be better for a place with a back…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Minature husky or Alaskan Klee Kai?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Minature husky or Alaskan Klee Kai?

Minature husky or Alaskan Klee Kai? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm in college right now but after I get a bigger apartment I want either an minature husky or an alaskan klee kai. It will just be me and my gf. We will be home a lot in the evenings but not during the day. Which would be better for a place with a back yard or one without?Which require more attention that we may not be able to give?Do they do well with cats? How much do they cost and how hard are they to get?I live in Texas and although it will be spending most of its time indoors will it be to hot for it here?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaskan_Klee_Kaihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_Siberian_HuskyI'm starting to look already because I know their hard to get.http://minihuskies.org/v3/?page_id=2It is a breed (even if its not recognized). I don't care about pedigree that much.

Minature husky or Alaskan Klee Kai? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Miniature husky is not a recognized breed, even if people are breeding them.Neither breed is a particularly good mix with cats. They are high prey drive breeds likely to chase cats.In Texas, you will need to protect from heat by being indoors in an air conditioned setting a good amount of the time. These are also breeds that need an enormous amount of exercise and shed heavily - and would not be my first pick as an apartment dog ever.

• A place with a backyard is probably best for any dog. As for attention, they appear to be higher energy dogs. I only have had experience around pure siberian huskies(the mini is not a pure sibe) and they are pretty active dogs. Any dog can be bad with cats, since your probably looking into a puppy, that would not be too much of an issue. As for the cost, varies from breeder, there is some controversy in the sense that neither are really a breed(not that i have anything against mixes), but they are both more of designer dogs. Dogs can get used to different areas, but i suggest trying to give it an active lifestyle.

• Bozema, just because a dog isn't recognized doesn't mean it's not a breed, and doesn't mean it shouldn't be bred. Miniature Siberian Huskies existed historically with native people that used them for hunting. They have been recreated based on those original dogs.I don't know much about them, but I do know that Alaskan Klee Kai are very noisy. They are big-barkers and love doing it. In an apartment that wouldn't be the best of dogs, that doesn't mean you can't have one however. Cats will be a problem, you'll have to train the dog from a puppy to learn to live with the cat. The dog will cost around $1200 or more. It will be hot, but just provide shade, a lot of water, and protection from the elements, but they would probably be fine.

• you chose the 2 worst dogs for apartment living. These are both sled dogs and require an insane amount of energy and space to run around in. So unless you have the energy and time to run them around, take them to the doggy park or what not, its really unfair to let these breeds sit inside an apartment all day, especially alone. These dogs require companionship as they are moRe reliant on their pack than most domestic dogs; they are bred to live and work and behave as a pack and are happiest that way. So basically they hate to be by themselves and are generally owned in pairs or groups.And Texas might be too hot. They have a really thick coat that is much like wearing a permanent snow suit. They love the cold and especially snow. I love both breeds and have always wanted a husky as they are gorgeous smart animals. But they require a lot of training and care. Without proper exercise, companionship, and training these dogs will get bored fast and be very unhappy. So if you have the time and energy, go for it but remember you want what's best for the dog and you have to make sure that's what you can offer.

• Klee Kai and Huskies have a ton of energy. They need to go on long walks or spend a bunch of time at the dog park. If you are not going to be home during the day you should consider another breed that is does not need as much time running around. Greyhounds fall into this category. They can easily sleep for 18 hours a day. It is not fair to the dog and quite honestly it won't be fair to you. Generally dogs with a lot of energy and not a lot to do get into things they probably shouldn't.

• there's no such thing as a "mini" husky.. just because you found a website doesnt mean anything.They are either Klee-Klais that the owners are calling by the wrong name, or they are mutt that are given a false label.