how to train an Alaskan malamute puppy to not eat my guinea pig?

so i have a little piggy and a new 3 month old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=3f7d4ace65613e6b24b899091c2ce3f26f6ed8fa">Alaskan malamute</a> pup... she want to eat the guinea pig so is there any what i can teach her how to not hurt her and how?

so i have a little piggy and a new 3 month old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=3f7d4ace65613e6b24b899091c2ce3f26f6ed8fa">Alaskan malamute</a> pup... she want to eat the guinea pig so is there any what i can teach her how to not hurt her and how?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : how to train an Alaskan malamute puppy to not eat my guinea pig?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how to train an Alaskan malamute puppy to not eat my guinea pig?

how to train an Alaskan malamute puppy to not eat my guinea pig? Dog Breed Discussions
      so i have a little piggy and a new 3 month old Alaskan malamute pup... she want to eat the guinea pig so is there any what i can teach her how to not hurt her and how?

how to train an Alaskan malamute puppy to not eat my guinea pig? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's true that they can have high play drive... The only way I see is: Find something even more interesting than the guinea pig, supervise both, but should probably protect the guinea pig like, in the cage or something. Let the dog go see the guinea pig but, each time his attention goes on the pig, call him and show him what you found was even better than the guinea pig, and be sure to do it with all the joy you can! This must be very fun for the dog. Maybe with some food he really likes. It must be more valuable than the pig. Do this until he looses interest for the piggy, several times. You probably will have to repeat the exercise a couple of times during a couple of days. It's a puppy though, so make sure he has stuff to do, or he will fast gain interest for the pig.Don't let your piggy and your dog together unsupervised.

• Quite simply, you need to keep your dog away from them. No matter how much you train her, you're not going to be able to take away the animal instinct.

• No, you can not. Didn't you do any research on the breed before getting it? Now you must keep the guinea pig away from the dog, in a seperate room, where the dog can not get to it. I guarantee, if your pup gets to it, he will kill it.