Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute?

i am planning to get some puppies, in particular, these three: siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">alaskan malamute</a> but i have no idea if this would be a good combination. any opinions or advice? i plan to get all 3 as puppies around the same time.

Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute?

i am planning to get some puppies, in particular, these three: siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">alaskan malamute</a> but i have no idea if this would be a good combination. any opinions or advice? i plan to get all 3 as puppies around the same time....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute?...

• Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute?

Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
      i am planning to get some puppies, in particular, these three: siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute but i have no idea if this would be a good combination. any opinions or advice? i plan to get all 3 as puppies around the same time.

Is it a good idea to get a siberian husky, saarloos wolfdog and an alaskan malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No. All three can be very territorial dogs. But if you do end up getting them I would lean towards girls. They aren't so aggressive but you will need to spay them as soon as they're able.

• 1.) Listing 3 of the most difficult dog breeds for the average dog owner.2.) Implying you don't have any experience with any of these breeds because you don't know if they are incompatible or anything.3.) Suggesting you get 3 puppies at once.Is it a snow day?

• Those 3 that you just listed all have tons of energy. So be prepared to give them enough exercise or they will become unruly and destructive dogs. All the are beautiful dogs by the way. I personally like the Malamute. I wouldn't get three dogs. Think of vet bills, food, exercise, and discipline.

• Well i hope you are an experianced dog owner and are experienced with these or one of these breeds.. It is ok if you get all 3 of these dogs at the same time as puppies... then they will learn to love eachother but dont think they will all be problem free. because these dogs are all going to try to be dominant towards eachother. and you might want to tran them very well to listen to you while they are young because these are large dogs and will be hard to train when they are older if you dont now.. but if you do not have time for these dogs dont get them.. this will also be exspensive to buy and own them because you will have 3 times the vet bills and 3 times the food as you would with one dog. but i wish you luck if you do get them. but i wouldnt get them all at once if you are not an experianced owner. but if so go for it and train well. and it should be fine.

• Nobody that knows what they are doing would even contemplate getting three puppies at the same time, let along three such difficult breeds. If you don't spend hours and hours separately training them they would end up as a wild pack. Give a read of the Leerburghttp://leerburg.com/puppytraining.htmRaising 2 pups at the same time - then assume you are adding yet another. This is just SUCH a BAD idea I can't tell you.

• The Alaskan Malamute is extremely loyal and intelligent, sweet and most affectionate toward it's master. Great with children who are old enough to play with him safely. If their canine instincts are met, they mature into a dignified and mellow adult dog. They are very friendly and therefore are not suitable as a guard dog. Malamutes are happiest living outdoors as long as they receive enough companionship, but they also enjoy living indoors where their human "pack" lives. Without firm leadership and daily mental and physical exercise, these dogs may become destructive nuisances, acting like a big, rambunctious puppy. In one case, a single dog ruined an entire living room of furniture valued at $15,000 in just three hours! Malamutes love outdoor activities and even do well in obedience with firm encouragement. Although it can be difficult to train Malamutes for formal obedience, it is not particularly hard to train them to be well-mannered because they love to please. Males can be very dominant. This breed needs the humans around him to be firm, confident and consistent pack leaders. Some dogs may be difficult to housebreak. This breed is a thrifty feeder and needs less food than you might expect. However they do tend to wolf down whatever is offered, which can lead to obesity and bloat. Malamutes are quiet compared to most dogs but they do like to howl and dig. This breed should be supervised around unfamiliar small animals, as they have a strong prey instinct. This does not mean they are not good with small animals. Some Malamutes have been known to raise small kittens as their own. Both sexes can be combative with other dogs, especially with the same sex and breed and firm handling and training are necessary to curve this. Proper socialization with people and other dogs is imperative. Obedience training is highly recommended.This dog is only for the lover of the old canine ways, as it retains in a limited state some of the wolf-like and /or ancient canine ways - including an intense pack instinct, tendency towards shyness, and a need to roam or at least have adequate space. They need to be taken for daily pack walks to satisfy their insticts. They are exceptionally strong-willed and do not take well to obedience or schutzhund work. They are still pack-oriented and need a strong leader and a social atmosphere. Not recommended as a child companion. They are not suitable for kennel life. Seclusion intensifies anti-social behavior, and the dogs panic if locked in an enclosure. Owners must establish the dominant alpha position, be willing to spend a great deal of time with them, and train with patience, understanding canine behavior. The breed is quiet, seldom barking, alerting homeowners in other ways. They do well in packs, with a leader emerging and keeping order. That leader MUST be the human. The club's publication notes that most owners of the breed have at least two to provide the necessary "pack.". Problems can occur, however, if a dog who does not understand the established order is introduced to the pack. When introducing a new dog into the pack, it is important to first walk the dogs separately to drain excess energy, and then walk them together to help them secure the new order. Be sure you make the dogs heel beside you, rather than walking out in front, as the pack leader always goes first. Siberian Huskies are loving, gentle, playful, happy-go-lucky dogs who are fond of their families. Keen, docile, social, relaxed and rather casual. This is a high energy dog, especially when young. Good with children and friendly with strangers, they are not watchdogs, for they bark little and love everyone. Huskies are very intelligent and trainable, but they will only obey a command if they see the human is stronger minded than themselves. If the handler does not display leadership, they will not see the point in obeying. Training takes patience, consistency and an understanding of the Arctic dog character. If you are not this dogs 100% firm, confident, consistent pack leader, he will take advantage, becoming willful and mischievous. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Huskies may be difficult to housebreak. This breed likes to howl and gets bored easily. Does not do well if left alone for a long period of time without a great deal of exercise before hand. A lonely Husky, or a Husky who does not get enough mental and physical exercise can be very destructive. Remember that the Husky is a sled dog in heart and soul. They are good with other pets if they are raised with them from puppyhood. Huskies are thrifty eaters and need less food than you might expect. This breed likes to roam. Siberian Huskies can make wonderful companions for people who are aware of what to expect from these beautiful and intelligent animals and are willing to put the time and energy into them.