How do i know if my Puppy is going to be a Giant Alaskan Malamute?

He is 4months Old. Hes Like 18 pounds.But the lady i got him from didn't feed him well because you can feel his rims. Hes has very Big Paws . I was just wondering how do i know if he is A Giant <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">Alaskan Malamute</a>. Thanks!

He is 4months Old. Hes Like 18 pounds.But the lady i got him from didn't feed him well because you can feel his rims. Hes has very Big Paws . I was just wondering how do i know if he is A Giant <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">Alaskan Malamute</a>. Thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i know if my Puppy is going to be a Giant Alaskan Malamute?...

• How do i know if my Puppy is going to be a Giant Alaskan Malamute?

How do i know if my Puppy is going to be a Giant Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
      He is 4months Old. Hes Like 18 pounds.But the lady i got him from didn't feed him well because you can feel his rims. Hes has very Big Paws . I was just wondering how do i know if he is A Giant Alaskan Malamute. Thanks!

How do i know if my Puppy is going to be a Giant Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You would have to know what his parents were. 18 lbs at 4 months isn't all that big, and large breed pups paws always look big at that age so it is just really hard to tell.

• You should hope not. A Malamute is an athlete, and should be no larger than the standard 85-110 lbs. Even 110 lbs. is pushing it. "Giant" Malamutes are a gimmick, poorly bred dogs with no health testing bred large to sucker buyers who don't know what a Malamute should be. These dogs invariably have hip and joint problems, and die early.If that is what this person told you he was, she is either ignorant or unethical.Your puppy actually sounds a bit small for 4 months...maybe due to underfeeding?

• I sincerely hope he is not one of "those Giant Alaskan Malamutes" as they are not breed standard at all!!!!! If your dog is about 18 weeks old he should be at least 20 kilo which is 42 pounds. 18 pounds does not sound good at all, but then gain unless you have AKC or KC reg papers he might not be an Alaskan Malamute at all!!! Take him to the vet and have his health checked out. But you Vet will properly not be able to tell if he is a purebred mally anyway.