do siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute get along in the same home?

Im getting an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=8bfb0aced48c242cde3b41db0e0274e55f78468d">Alaskan Malamute</a> soon and i know that they can get a little aggressive towards other dogs, but thats because its in their nature, but they do welle with people. someone is trying to give me a Siberian husky, but im wondering if both breeds…

Im getting an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=8bfb0aced48c242cde3b41db0e0274e55f78468d">Alaskan Malamute</a> soon and i know that they can get a little aggressive towards other dogs, but thats because its in their nature, but they do welle with people. someone is trying to give me a Siberian husky, but im wondering if both breeds…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : do siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute get along in the same home?...

• do siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute get along in the same home?

do siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute get along in the same home? Dog Breed Discussions
      Im getting an Alaskan Malamute soon and i know that they can get a little aggressive towards other dogs, but thats because its in their nature, but they do welle with people. someone is trying to give me a Siberian husky, but im wondering if both breeds with get along at home when im gone? is there something i need to worry about with having these two artic breeds in the same house?

do siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute get along in the same home? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Both dogs are "pack breeds" in that they are designed to work together. Both dogs are also headstrong breeds that may require a lot of training and supervision to be melded into subservient pets to YOU. YOU must be the pack leader in this equation. You must do a lot of homework very quickly to make sure that you can handle just one of these animals before you commit to a second one. I would call local registered breeders of both of these breeds and ask to spend a few minutes with their dogs, learning some training tips and quirks of the breed. I'd also buy a lot of books on both breeds. BEFORE YOU GET THEM. Also, I'd make a vet appointment to have both spayed/neutered ASAP as intact dogs that are already going to quibble over the beta/omega position (if you are strong Alpha) will also be way too difficult for you to handle.Do your research, THEN make the decision.Good luck.