how much money does an Alaskan malamute cost?

hi i was was thinking about getting an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=ea0a7fb44e0fa9d82b0d68a7a1448b124c46d0ad">alaskan malamute</a> but i was wondering how much an unborn one would cost. also i would like to know how to take care of it exercise ect. thx for your time.

hi i was was thinking about getting an <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=ea0a7fb44e0fa9d82b0d68a7a1448b124c46d0ad">alaskan malamute</a> but i was wondering how much an unborn one would cost. also i would like to know how to take care of it exercise ect. thx for your time....
    Dog Breed Discussions : how much money does an Alaskan malamute cost?...

• how much money does an Alaskan malamute cost?

how much money does an Alaskan malamute cost? Dog Breed Discussions
      hi i was was thinking about getting an alaskan malamute but i was wondering how much an unborn one would cost. also i would like to know how to take care of it exercise ect. thx for your time.

how much money does an Alaskan malamute cost? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A show quality Malamute can cost thousands of dollars, a pet quality can be about $750-1000 dollars depending on location, quality, health, etc.. a rescue about $200. Exercise/How To Take Care Of It: It's called research.ETA: @APBTs Rule: HAHA. Sure :P

• Pretty much what skipper said! After you have done all your research about the breed and all dog care (training, exercising ect) then check out www.petfinder.com and find one at a near by shelter/rescue. They will cost between $75-$200 at a sheter/rescue and by going there you get to save a life! Or you can go to a repetable breeder and that will cost around $700+ like skipper said for a pet quality pup. Heres a site about good & bad breeders and how to tell the difference.http://home.comcast.net/~NoPuppyMillsVA/What_is_a_Backyard_Breeder_/what_is_a_backyard_breeder_.html@Skipper Can i just fallow you around and type: What skipper said! ? LOL your answers are always well perfect!

• Get your malamute from a rescue center or from a reputable breeder. The breed is generally healthy but poorly bred mals can cost you a fortune in vet bills, property damage, and sometimes can have severe aggression problems. As previously stated, a pet quality malamute from a reputable breeder will run you $700+, though in some areas they may be cheaper.Look for a dog that has a good OFA score, has been CERF registered, had a cardio screening done, and an absence of dwarfism in the last several generations of the pedigree. The breed is prone to joint dysplasia due partly to their very large size, but also due to careless breeding. Buying from a good breeder is very important.As a large breed, be prepared for a difficult puppy until the dog is at least 2 years old. Large breed puppies need limited exercise until the joints are fully mature, around 2 years of age. Free movement is necessary, but never ever force or encourage your large breed puppy to "keep going" to tire it out or to go just a little further. As soon as that puppy shows signs of fatigue, play time is over, probably for the rest of the day.As an adult, he'll want and NEED an obscene amount of exercise a day. They are virtually tireless, so you'll have to take up at minimum a one hour jog or bike ride every single day once your dog is old enough to safely handle it. This is mandatory, not optional, and a lack of sufficient exercise is the reason so many malamutes, huskies, and other working breeds wind up in shelters and rescues. Make sure you know what you are getting into. Rehoming the dog later is not fair to the dog at all.They are stubborn and can be difficult to train, and are known to have aggression problems with other dogs. Puppy obedience classes will be a life saver, as will on going obedience refreshers in your spare time. They are very, very powerful, so leash train while the puppy is young and easily controlled. As an adult the dog will weigh at least 75 lbs, but probably closer to 85+.[Add] Oh, they also blow their coat twice a year. That means it falls out in large chunks twice a year. They shed excessively year round.I also want to re-stress how much exercise this breed needs. They more often than not WON'T sit quietly in the house without extensive exercise. A tired malamute is a calm, well-behaved malamute. A bored malamute is a destructive, digging, chewing, cat-eating, dry-wall destroying malamute. This is typical of the breed, and a known trait for damn near any working breed. Exercise is not optional, it is mandatory.They also are escape artists, can dig under a fence, break just about any tie-out you put on them, and can jump or knock over all but the sturdiest fences if they are determined. I know one that broke a car window.