What do I feed my Alaskan Malamute puppy?

My friend brought back a 2 week old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=d93c57bd0d26490e4dbcbf4dee444232ecd655c8">Alaskan Malamute</a> puppy from vacation for me as a gift. I'm clueless of what to feed her. She is 2-3 weeks old. The breeder did not mention anything about the puppy's diet. If you have any suggestions please let me…

My friend brought back a 2 week old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=d93c57bd0d26490e4dbcbf4dee444232ecd655c8">Alaskan Malamute</a> puppy from vacation for me as a gift. I'm clueless of what to feed her. She is 2-3 weeks old. The breeder did not mention anything about the puppy's diet. If you have any suggestions please let me…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What do I feed my Alaskan Malamute puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do I feed my Alaskan Malamute puppy?

What do I feed my Alaskan Malamute puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      My friend brought back a 2 week old Alaskan Malamute puppy from vacation for me as a gift. I'm clueless of what to feed her. She is 2-3 weeks old. The breeder did not mention anything about the puppy's diet. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks ahead of time =)Alot of people are saying that the puppy is too young to be away from it's mother. I do agree. But please don't be ignorant. You have no idea what the situation is so please don't make comments that are inappropriate. Thanks. I'm trying to help the puppy. I don't need any kind of nasty remarks.

What do I feed my Alaskan Malamute puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Well if its really 2-3 wks old i would start by bottle feeding it puppy replacer milk or try to give it back to the mommy until he is 6-8 wks old of age if you dont bottle feed it and think it will eat on its own it will not make it you have to get up at night every 2 hrs and feed him

• wow its only 2 weeks old? umm id def. take it to the vet first and get a check up on him. i have two alaskan malamute puppies also but there 11weeks old. first go to the vet and see wut they say. till then id bottle feed it warm milk bout every 2 hours. right now i feed my pups Eukanuba and there doing great on it. so im just giving u a heads up on wut to feed him when he gets older.Eukanuba also is a good choice for the pup when it gets older cause alaskan malamutes tend to get heat spot. and that is mostly caused by too much corn in the dog food. well hope this helps in the future! good luck!!

• only the best. Stuff at the specialty stores. Anything will do there. it cost a little bit more. but thet eat less of it because it has so much protein. Try chicken soup for the dog lovers soul. I feed my husky timer wolf.

• Two weeks is at least six weeks too young to be away from it's mother. Right now, your puppy should still be drinking it's mother's milk. Get her to a vet ASAP. They'll give you advice on how to care for a puppy this young and probably recommend the best milk replacer to feed until she can be weaned. Whoever gave this puppy to your friend was very irresponsible. Once she's off milk, start giving her a high quality dog food such as Canidae, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul, Merrick, Timberwolf Organics, Flint River Ranch, etc. Try to stay away from brands such as Iams, Science Diet, Eukanuba, Purina, Pedigree, Ol' Roy, etc. But for now, get her into a vet.