Where can I find Alaskan Malamutes?

I've been looking for Alaskan Malamutes for some time. I haven't found one in the price range of 200-350 dollars.I'm looking for female since my male husky (neutered) doesn't like males. We have decided on getting a puppy if it is in the price range.So…

I've been looking for Alaskan Malamutes for some time. I haven't found one in the price range of 200-350 dollars.I'm looking for female since my male husky (neutered) doesn't like males. We have decided on getting a puppy if it is in the price range.So…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where can I find Alaskan Malamutes?...

• Where can I find Alaskan Malamutes?

Where can I find Alaskan Malamutes? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've been looking for Alaskan Malamutes for some time. I haven't found one in the price range of 200-350 dollars.I'm looking for female since my male husky (neutered) doesn't like males. We have decided on getting a puppy if it is in the price range.So please if you know of someone selling (or has them and willing to negociate) them in that price range please respond.We don't plan to show or breed any of our dogs.

Where can I find Alaskan Malamutes? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are Malamute and Sled dog rescues.http://www.malamuterescue.org/rescue/listorg.html is just one site I found. Google it or check the national club for links.Mals are big dogs as you know, so any vet bills tend to be bigger as well. I question that you can afford a second dog since you a saying you can't pay over $350 for a purebred Malamute. Even a free dog costs money for food and vet bills.At least here in CA Malamute, Siberian and Sled Dog rescues are overflowing. And the adoption price is very reasonable since the dogs are already spayed/neutered and have shots.Consider being a foster home perhaps and if you find the right girl, you can adopt her.Be very wary of buying a puppy. I don't know any reputable breeder that would sell a puppy for that cheap, considering all the costs that go into breeding a healthy litter from healthy tested parents.Learn what OFA, CERF and BAER stand for before getting a puppy.In the meantime, exercise your male, and train him....aggressive Mals are not good for the breed. He may never like other male dogs, but he can learn to listen to you, no matter what dogs are around. Getting a second dog when your first acts up, can create a problem.