I really want an Alaskan Malamute, but I have an allergy problem?

So, I went to the animal shelter and I saw the cutest <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=7f98bd96098deadb8d7ce84271eeb0b7b7643d61">alaskan malamute</a>, but I am really allergic to cats and dogs, is there any way around it? Any really strong allergy medications that can help me live with a shedding dog?

So, I went to the animal shelter and I saw the cutest <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=7f98bd96098deadb8d7ce84271eeb0b7b7643d61">alaskan malamute</a>, but I am really allergic to cats and dogs, is there any way around it? Any really strong allergy medications that can help me live with a shedding dog?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I really want an Alaskan Malamute, but I have an allergy problem?...

• I really want an Alaskan Malamute, but I have an allergy problem?

I really want an Alaskan Malamute, but I have an allergy problem? Dog Breed Discussions
      So, I went to the animal shelter and I saw the cutest alaskan malamute, but I am really allergic to cats and dogs, is there any way around it? Any really strong allergy medications that can help me live with a shedding dog?

I really want an Alaskan Malamute, but I have an allergy problem? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Unfortunately, the medications are shots. And they have to be frequently administered and can be expensive.It wouldn't be fair to the animal if you adopted him or her, brought him or her home, found out you were too sick to keep the dog, and then had to find him or her another home.Some shelters allow people to do a trial period for 10-30 days where they test out the animal at home and make sure that the adoption will work (either due to other animals in the house, children, or other factors). If you are serious about the malamute, you might consider asking the shelter if this is an option.otherwise, I think you should look at the so-called hypoallergic breeds that are less likely to trigger symptoms.

• Well you can talk to your doctor about what he recomends you can also try claratin since it's aproved for long term use. As for shedding, brushing him daily will help a lot. I would get a furmanator. Feed him a high quality kibble with no grains and no dyes and no byproducts. Quality food also makes a difference in the amount of shedding. Most allergies are in the dander. As long as he is on a good food and you use a good moisterizing shampoo then you can bathe him weekly to keep the dander build up low. I would also suggest an air purifierI have to do these things with my cat because I am allergic, but he is worth it.

• a friend of mine had to get a allergy shot once a week to keep his dog...the dog finally got old and passed on but he loved dogs so he wanted another one...got a goldendoodle 2 years ago and in them 2 years has not had to take one shot...he bought a female about 6 months ago now he has 2...what he did was refused the shot and went to a breeders to see if he had a reaction....he did this for a month straight then the breeder let him take a puppy home to see how it would be...things worked out great he bought the puppy a week later....then 6 months ago found another breeder in another part of ohio and drove 79 miles to get his second pup...the breeder that he got the first pup from put him in contact with the second breeder...