Is it possible to train an alaskan malamute to be a one man dog / very loyal?

im thinking about getting a dog and im very interested in the northern dog breeds. ive done some research and found that the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">alaskan malamute</a> possesses some of the traits i would want in a dog. im just unsure about the dog's loyalty towards its…

im thinking about getting a dog and im very interested in the northern dog breeds. ive done some research and found that the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">alaskan malamute</a> possesses some of the traits i would want in a dog. im just unsure about the dog's loyalty towards its…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it possible to train an alaskan malamute to be a one man dog / very loyal?...

• Is it possible to train an alaskan malamute to be a one man dog / very loyal?

Is it possible to train an alaskan malamute to be a one man dog / very loyal? Dog Breed Discussions
      im thinking about getting a dog and im very interested in the northern dog breeds. ive done some research and found that the alaskan malamute possesses some of the traits i would want in a dog. im just unsure about the dog's loyalty towards its owneralso, i was wondering if it is possibile to do this with a siberian as well

Is it possible to train an alaskan malamute to be a one man dog / very loyal? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Maybe you should define exactly what you mean by loyal. All dogs are loyal, sometimes even to people who don't treat them well and don't deserve the loyalty. If what you mean by loyal is a dog who will never run off to check out something interesting on the other side of the park, that's a different thing. Training will help accomplish that, but there are some breeds who are far more likely to take off after something they see, and some who will follow their nose while ignoring you. If you mean a dog who will be uninterested in being petted by strangers, that's another thing. Some breeds tend to be extremely sociable, and that trait can also be heavily influenced by how the dog is raised. Someone familiar with Malamutes could tell you what they tend to be like.

• No you cannot. If you look at the history of the AM you see that they had to be independent to survive their harsh environment. Mals are usually not ONE MAN DOGS.