are Alaskan malamutes generally good with small children?

I am adopting a 3 1/2 year old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=2bf32be1dd2f8b5f91aea1b49e3cf3451731a3f1">Alaskan malamute</a> and Husky mix. he has been raised around kids and is currently in a household with a 12 month old child and is said to do fine. I have a 9 month old and another on the way so I was just wondering if these…

I am adopting a 3 1/2 year old <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=2bf32be1dd2f8b5f91aea1b49e3cf3451731a3f1">Alaskan malamute</a> and Husky mix. he has been raised around kids and is currently in a household with a 12 month old child and is said to do fine. I have a 9 month old and another on the way so I was just wondering if these…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : are Alaskan malamutes generally good with small children?...

• are Alaskan malamutes generally good with small children?

are Alaskan malamutes generally good with small children? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am adopting a 3 1/2 year old Alaskan malamute and Husky mix. he has been raised around kids and is currently in a household with a 12 month old child and is said to do fine. I have a 9 month old and another on the way so I was just wondering if these types of dogs are know to be pretty good around infants, small children, and even adults? do they have history of snapping like some species of dogs?

are Alaskan malamutes generally good with small children? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Has nothing to do with the breed. That individual dog is good with kids so you should be fine. However, that doesn't mean you leave it alone with a small child unattended.

• Until i was about 8 my parents owned Alaskan Malamutes, other than their size they were great to me. They did how ever knock me over a ton, on accident of course. I wouldn't suggest leaving a child un attended with the dog, or any dog for that matter. Breed isn't much of a factor compared to how it was raised. If it was raised with children it should be fine. Ours were sightly protective with strangers, but the moment they realized that we were ok with the stranger they warmed right up.

• Depends on the dog, not the breed. Generally speaking, not good with children. These dogs are aloof and wanderers. They are serious working dogs, need at least 2 hours of walking/running per day and lots of acreage to live on. Challenging dogs.

• They are a working dog, needing lots of exercise. Not terribly good with kids. They tend to be indifferent around them and often find them something of an irritant. Also dog aggressive and territorial. Lots of grooming work to keep the coat in decent shape.Since the dog is already 3 1/2 years old, and adult dog, he already has mind set. This may not be a good idea. Get a puppy. If you want something good around kids and people, get a Lab.