How can I be sure that I won't have any problem with my Alaskan Malamute?

I bought a female <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=fe4fd01d3603997b2d3ab1b1a34305eb645afcfe">Alaskan Malamute</a> today..she's 1 and a half month..I had few problems at first..she howled continously but now she became calm only when I'm near her..If I leave her alone in another room or outside,she starts to howl again..I have…

I bought a female <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=fe4fd01d3603997b2d3ab1b1a34305eb645afcfe">Alaskan Malamute</a> today..she's 1 and a half month..I had few problems at first..she howled continously but now she became calm only when I'm near her..If I leave her alone in another room or outside,she starts to howl again..I have…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How can I be sure that I won't have any problem with my Alaskan Malamute?...

• How can I be sure that I won't have any problem with my Alaskan Malamute?

How can I be sure that I won't have any problem with my Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
      I bought a female Alaskan Malamute today..she's 1 and a half month..I had few problems at first..she howled continously but now she became calm only when I'm near her..If I leave her alone in another room or outside,she starts to howl again..I have school tomorrow.what can I do?..I'm really worried when she starts to howl..what can I do to make her stay without me?

How can I be sure that I won't have any problem with my Alaskan Malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a female Alaskan Malamute. I had her since she was 5 months old and they have separation anxiety. You basically have to train her and let her know that you are not leaving her. My use to whine continuously lol. My friend who is a trainer at petco helped. I bought her a crate so when I was gone she would be in her crate. When you come home you can't acknowledge her for about 10 minutes, don't speak to her or anything and then when she calms down you show her some attention. I would suggest a crate being as though her anxiety is bad when you leave she might chew up your whole house. TRUST me she will because mine ATE a big hole through my door before I got her a crate. If you want to talk more you can email me at [email protected]. I have to rush and go for a run with my dog, oh and they love to stay active. If you walk/run with her for about 30mins to an hr she will be pooped out all day long and she won't chew up anything.

• You can't really be sure, ideally you would have had more time to slowly adjust her to being left alone, you can however try leaving toys and treat balls out for her to keep her occupied while you are gone. I use crates for my dogs when I am out, but I am only gone for short periods of time. Really without having left her before you can't know how she will react and will just have to wait and see. You could come home to a house that has been destroyed, or you might come home and find that everything is ok and she has coped well. The best you can do is leave items that will help keep her occupied such as the treat ball and if possible ask a friend or neighbour to check in on her. A long walk in the morning will help also, as it will burn off some excess energy.