Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute?

I like all these 3 breeds..and have owned a blue heeler &amp; king charles cavalier.I work in the security industry so I have a natural attraction to larger guard dog types with intelligence. Unfortunately I live in a warm climate so would this eliminate <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=356eac369d135e1eaaded4a79878210e91dc3cc7"></a>…

Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute?

I like all these 3 breeds..and have owned a blue heeler &amp; king charles cavalier.I work in the security industry so I have a natural attraction to larger guard dog types with intelligence. Unfortunately I live in a warm climate so would this eliminate <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=356eac369d135e1eaaded4a79878210e91dc3cc7"></a>…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute?...

• Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute?

Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
      I like all these 3 breeds..and have owned a blue heeler & king charles cavalier.I work in the security industry so I have a natural attraction to larger guard dog types with intelligence. Unfortunately I live in a warm climate so would this eliminate alaskan malamute?Is it better for a guy to own a male dog or female?

Whats a good dog to have for a single guy living on his own? german shepherd, akita, alaskan malamute? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Alaskan malamutes so not tolerate heat well- nor are they into guardwork. Akitas can be overly aggressive, they're not very smart, and they don't tolerate heat well either. Female dogs are more protective of the alpha male, and male dogs are more protective of the alpha female.Here's a list of breeds you could look into:Doberman PinscherRottweilerBoxerAmerican bulldogGerman shepherd dogOut of all those breeds the GS, Rott, And Dobe are in the top 10 smartest dogs with the GS ranking 3rd, Dobe ranking 5th, and Rott ranking 9th. If i were you, I would go with the Doberman pinscher. They are the tallest, in my opinion best looking, and they have the deepest bark. The bark is scary enough- but when people see the huge black dog behind that door, they're probably going to go rob next door. Dobies are also nicknamed 'velcro dogs' because of their loyalty.

• I would suggest one of the bull breeds- boxer, bullmastiff etc. They are of a reasonable size and have a 'tough' image, but they are affectionate dogs who would likely warm to a new partner, and resulting children. Many of the other dogs (GSD, Akita) can be overly protective,and quite untrustworthy around small children.Are there any dog shows near you? Why not visit a dog show, have a look around, speak tp breeders of breeds you are attracted to, there may be a breed which hrows a complete spanner in the works, and toy end up with a breed you would never have initally thought of.