What is the best way to contain my dogs shedding?

I have an all white <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=4526ea38f2608b53e59c88bb2e89836fb7982099">alaskan malamute</a>! And he is shedding like crazy! He only sheds Twice a year from what i'm told. It's just getting bad, there are little Furies all over my carpet and my clothes. I have to be corporate dressed everyday so my black…

I have an all white <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/?s=4526ea38f2608b53e59c88bb2e89836fb7982099">alaskan malamute</a>! And he is shedding like crazy! He only sheds Twice a year from what i'm told. It's just getting bad, there are little Furies all over my carpet and my clothes. I have to be corporate dressed everyday so my black…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best way to contain my dogs shedding?...

• What is the best way to contain my dogs shedding?

What is the best way to contain my dogs shedding? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an all white alaskan malamute! And he is shedding like crazy! He only sheds Twice a year from what i'm told. It's just getting bad, there are little Furies all over my carpet and my clothes. I have to be corporate dressed everyday so my black suits can get really covered!I give him a bath at least once a week if not twice and I Brush him everyday! I Love my Ivanho!

What is the best way to contain my dogs shedding? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You can either get him groomed once a week or if you have the time you can groom him yourself, by bathing him and brushing him. I also have a dog that sheds but the more you maintain it the less of a problem it is

• Sorry but the only way is regular grooming. Brush him everyday during shedding season. Brushing is just part of having a long haired dog next time go with a different breed.

• Like Aussiemom said - brush brush brush. Twice a day is usually adequate. Time consuming, but still easier to get all the excess hair that way than to clean it up from everywhere in your home.

• Yes,is called "blowing their coat".I used to save the fur in a paper sack and in the spring put it out for the birds.They love it to line their nests.Buy a special comb that will get down to the under-hairs.That fine stuff/fluffy.Brush,brush and brush some more.I have had better luck using a curry comb type rather than a brush.Part the hair and get down near the skin.

• Brush every day. My Saint has this problem and so I only get dressed as I am leaving so he doesn't have chance to brush up against me. If you keep on top of it it won't get too bad.

• The best way I have found is to feed them pork fat. They love it, lick it up like a candy bar.Remember they are not humans and need some things we don't eat.I fed our labs one tablespoon a day and that was enough to keep their coats beautiful.

• We bought the Furminator for my German Shepherd and it has REALLY reduced his shedding. It's a grooming tool that removes the dead undercoat.You can also try the supplement Brewer's Yeast. It can be purchased at most pet supply stores. Be sure to buy a lint roller and use it on your clothes before you leave for work. Also, make sure you are feeding a high quality food. I hope this helps!

• go to petco and get an undercoat rake if you want, but it will be messy. Your best bet would be to have him professionally groomed. It may be a little expensive but it would also be worth it to get all of that undercoat out. Also a groomer will have access to an industrial blow dryer which is very forceful and will blow out a lot of the hair before the actual grooming part. I do this all the time. None of my clients are willing to do this kind of job themselves. Its messy and time consuming. Make a grooming appt. good luck

• I know they say Mals only blow their coat twice a year but to be correct they shed from Jan - June and from July to December!! (which is twice a year :) )If you show your dog at shows, do not use a furminator. Yes bathing your dog loosens the hair and if you use a blower you get rid of more hair. DO NOT BATH YOUR DOG TWICE A WEEK. This is NOT good at all. Only bath your dog when it is filthy!!! or once in 6 months.Brush your dog daily that is the only advice there is and simply live with the hair. If you cannot live with the hair, do not own a Mally.