Do female american bulldogs not get along with other female dogs?

I have been taking my 17 week old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=c79d96e518584118f69f316500f862c98db57f5f">bulldog</a> to the dog park recently and she gets along great with other dogs. Today a 14 week old female lab came just as we were getting ready to leave and my pup pretty much attacked her. Growling the whole 9…

I have been taking my 17 week old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=c79d96e518584118f69f316500f862c98db57f5f">bulldog</a> to the dog park recently and she gets along great with other dogs. Today a 14 week old female lab came just as we were getting ready to leave and my pup pretty much attacked her. Growling the whole 9…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Do female american bulldogs not get along with other female dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do female american bulldogs not get along with other female dogs?

Do female american bulldogs not get along with other female dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have been taking my 17 week old american bulldog to the dog park recently and she gets along great with other dogs. Today a 14 week old female lab came just as we were getting ready to leave and my pup pretty much attacked her. Growling the whole 9 yards. Never seen her like that with any other dog so I am just curious if female dogs do not get along

Do female american bulldogs not get along with other female dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Those puppies are much to young to be showing signs of serious aggression. It sounds more like puppy play with all of the growling. Unaltered females don't always get along. It depends on the dog. But I wouldn't say puppies that young wouldn't get along with another at that age.That's concerning behavior coming from your dog at this age. This is a good reason NOT to bring your dog to a dog park!

• I own 2 American Bulldogs a male and a female. My female gets along with all dogs, so i am positive its not a breed thing. Some female dogs will have aggression towards the same sex especially in a dominate breed (which you have). I will say that my male will make a whole punch of noise growling and all if i hold him back from seeing another dog, he sounds like he wants to kill the other dog but if i dont tense up or hold him back he is fine. If i where you i would seek a good trainer for her though, you never want to send out a bad message with a bully breed they have enough of a bad rep and you dont want to make the problem worse if you are unsure of how to stop it.