How do i give my American Bulldog a bath?

I have an American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=04b67da9af6d8366605f86f867e9d5015fe4be68">bulldog</a> but he will not get wet. he hasn't had any Traumas when he was a puppy dealing with water.I even gave him baths when he was a puppy he still fought back, now I fight him to get in and once he's in we fight some more he…

I have an American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=04b67da9af6d8366605f86f867e9d5015fe4be68">bulldog</a> but he will not get wet. he hasn't had any Traumas when he was a puppy dealing with water.I even gave him baths when he was a puppy he still fought back, now I fight him to get in and once he's in we fight some more he…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i give my American Bulldog a bath?...

• How do i give my American Bulldog a bath?

How do i give my American Bulldog a bath? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an American bulldog but he will not get wet. he hasn't had any Traumas when he was a puppy dealing with water.I even gave him baths when he was a puppy he still fought back, now I fight him to get in and once he's in we fight some more he scratches me and gets me really wet and I have even had friends help me. What should I do?

How do i give my American Bulldog a bath? Dog Breed Discussions
    • your dog doesnt like the water use positive renforcement when you calm him down and he lets you or who ever give him a bath use a clicker cost no more than 2.00$and give him a treat immeadeatly then he will think taking a bath is a good thing but this will not happen over night can take days even weeks but soon when hes so used to it you will not even need a clicker he can just stay there calm like a normal dog

• Do no take him to some stranger to bathe him as the first person suggests.I have a dog that hates being bathed. What worked for me was making it fun. I take him on the porch, squirt water at the ground, he starts to bite it and I just let him do that until he seems comfortable. Then I bathe him. He doesn't love it but it works better than before when I'd bathe him and he'd sit there shaking, terrified. Now, he's not scared and just goes with it.

• How many times do you give him a bath? Most dogs only need a bath once or twice a year, unless they roll in something. Bulldogs do need the folds of their skin cleaned, but you can do that with just a paper towel and water. Excessive bathing is bad for their skin.