Will my new american bulldog pup get used to my older chocolate lab?

I'm getting an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a> pup. I've heard they're not good with other dogs. However, if they're socialized as a puppy, can this problem be fixed? How will my 3 yr. old chocolate lab act when we leave the two alone during work hours?

I'm getting an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a> pup. I've heard they're not good with other dogs. However, if they're socialized as a puppy, can this problem be fixed? How will my 3 yr. old chocolate lab act when we leave the two alone during work hours?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Will my new american bulldog pup get used to my older chocolate lab?...

• Will my new american bulldog pup get used to my older chocolate lab?

Will my new american bulldog pup get used to my older chocolate lab? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm getting an american bulldog pup. I've heard they're not good with other dogs. However, if they're socialized as a puppy, can this problem be fixed? How will my 3 yr. old chocolate lab act when we leave the two alone during work hours?

Will my new american bulldog pup get used to my older chocolate lab? Dog Breed Discussions
    • no they will hate each other until the day the lab dies.. i know your bulldog has commitment issues, and he needs his space.. he once told me he could never love between races, and he thought he might be ac/dc.. the lab however, thinks that the relationship could work if the bulldog could just get past the color racial gap.. however, if you get the two to sit down and have a teambuilding seminar, i think great things may be in the future of the relationship.. just don't lose hope... go chargers

• eventually yes, if your lab has been around other dogs in its life time, I have a miniture german shepard, who is 5 years old. always around bigger and older dogs from the time i got her (she was our first) I would take her to my dads who had a 12 year old lab, who taught her how to be have actually, taught her how to go to the door to go out, we were training her for about 4 months then we went to texas and lft her with my parents, they said that every time Barney (lab) would go to the door doja would follow, and go right behind him and do her businness, easily house broken...just about 2 years ago we got a beagle/something (i think its fox hound but we dont know) pup, doja was really kind of mad at us but got used to him with in a few months, now they wont leave each others side, and they play all the time, he actually made her feel younger i think, she plays alot more now then she did for the year before we got him. I just recently got my grandmother a full blooded pug for her birthday, (the 19 of december, he came to live her on the 16th of decimber 05) he is recently new here, but doja really like him from the beginning, she was really mad at us, but liked the puppy, lucky on the other hand is a wuss, he was afraid of him (even tho he is 4 sizes bigger lol) now after about a week of that, he is adjusting and really likes his new "friend"so here is a trick, We allow our friends to bring over there dogs, wich gives our animales the oppertunity to make "friends" and have new playmates, wich in turn makes it easy for them to get along with other dogs. :) good luck