Why is my american bulldog (not pitbull) scratching his face?

We have an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a> and he scratches his face until it's raw and bleeding. He does it really bad if we leave him alone. But even when we're home if we aren't keeping an eye on him he'll still do it. Why is he doing this???

We have an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">bulldog</a> and he scratches his face until it's raw and bleeding. He does it really bad if we leave him alone. But even when we're home if we aren't keeping an eye on him he'll still do it. Why is he doing this???...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why is my american bulldog (not pitbull) scratching his face?...

• Why is my american bulldog (not pitbull) scratching his face?

Why is my american bulldog (not pitbull) scratching his face? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have an american bulldog and he scratches his face until it's raw and bleeding. He does it really bad if we leave him alone. But even when we're home if we aren't keeping an eye on him he'll still do it. Why is he doing this???

Why is my american bulldog (not pitbull) scratching his face? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Here is what i think you should do: 1-> Put flea stuff on him to keep fleas off just in case 2-> Check for rashes 3-> May be irritating under the skin 4-> Check with a vet. 5-> Get the little Neck things that look like the satellites For your dog. :p My mom breeds poodles. I hope this helps!<3

• He most likely has allergies go to your vet and get meds for this. You can use an antihistamine but you need to know his weight so the correct dose can be given so take him to the vet

• I agree that you should probably consult a vet. I have 2 ABDs and this is not a common behavior. It could be anything from allergies to a skin condition or even an anxiety issue. You'll want the professional help that only your vet can provide.Good luck.