How are the American variety's different & whats the point?

I notice that you can get "American" versions of dogs,American BulldogAmerican Cocker SpanielAmerican fox houndAmerican MastiffAmerican StaffyHow are they different to the normal ones? Why recreate a breed that already existed and put "American" in the…

I notice that you can get "American" versions of dogs,American BulldogAmerican Cocker SpanielAmerican fox houndAmerican MastiffAmerican StaffyHow are they different to the normal ones? Why recreate a breed that already existed and put "American" in the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How are the American variety's different & whats the point?...

• How are the American variety's different & whats the point?

How are the American variety's different & whats the point? Dog Breed Discussions
      I notice that you can get "American" versions of dogs,American BulldogAmerican Cocker SpanielAmerican fox houndAmerican MastiffAmerican StaffyHow are they different to the normal ones? Why recreate a breed that already existed and put "American" in the title? What's the point? What was the matter with the usual Staffy or Bulldog?

How are the American variety's different & whats the point? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You forgot about the American Brittany.Anywho, at least in the case of the Brittany, there's not much of a difference. I have a French Brittany, and she is of smaller stature, has a shorter snout and a slightly different hunting style than a french brittany. I am assuming it is just small differences for all the breeds you mentioned. Something that was fine, that someone decided to "Americanize"

• Its more of a type than a breed really. Basically people in one country liked one look over another and breed their dogs to achieve that look while still retaining the general breed characteristics.

• The same reason there are LABRADOR retrievers and GOLDEN retrievers- I notice you didn't mention the FRENCH bull dog?In some cases, there are lots of differences, in the case of the American Bulldog and the American Cocker- these breeds were developed many moons ago- and bred for a purpose.