Why dose my 1 year old American Bulldog have red aound his eyes and muzzle?

My American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">Bulldog</a> always has red around his eyes and muzzle. I dont know if he has alergies or if he is not feeling well. He is always happy and playing around but I am now worried about him? Is this normal? Or is he sick? Please help,

My American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/">Bulldog</a> always has red around his eyes and muzzle. I dont know if he has alergies or if he is not feeling well. He is always happy and playing around but I am now worried about him? Is this normal? Or is he sick? Please help,...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why dose my 1 year old American Bulldog have red aound his eyes and muzzle?...

• Why dose my 1 year old American Bulldog have red aound his eyes and muzzle?

Why dose my 1 year old American Bulldog have red aound his eyes and muzzle? Dog Breed Discussions
      My American Bulldog always has red around his eyes and muzzle. I dont know if he has alergies or if he is not feeling well. He is always happy and playing around but I am now worried about him? Is this normal? Or is he sick? Please help,

Why dose my 1 year old American Bulldog have red aound his eyes and muzzle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Its quite possible that he's having a sudden flare up of allergies. Many bulldogs have allergies in one form or another or some type of skin condition. As long as he's still bright alert and responsive and acting like himself, I'd probably just keep an eye on it. But if he starts to get itchy, start sneezing, or depressed I would definitely take him to your vet. Also keep a close watch on his eyes as well. If it looks like the inside of his eyelids are getting puffy and irritated from the flare up, you want to get him into your vet ASAP.

• I cant help you but I`d get him to a vet.. like NOW! Honest, you need to... My friends Collie was only a pup but it had something called Redeye cause from bad-breeding or inter-breeding and if he`s got that, get him to a vet.. my friend paid loads of money for his dog and he loved it and lost it.. or even just call the vet and ask.... maybe its something simple and he`ll be fine but you need professional advice eh??

• That happen to my blue nose pitbull and the vet said it is a allergic reaction i forgot what it was called and its more common in short haired dogs like pits and bull dogs. It went away in a couple days but my dog also had hives

• one of my AB's gets red eyes as he is very sensitive to, well, everything. if he gets dirt, pollen, certain types of plants, or anything in or around his eyes they will flare up. the vet can take care of this with either anti- inflammatory medication through spring and summer, or anti- histamine shots if he gets a really bad attack. you need to see the vet for an initial consultation to see what will suit your dog.