what is a good time to breed american bulldogs?

i have a 1 yr old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=6ab8d4c172afb63d9801e9e645f1562c73191637">bulldog</a> and i want to know when i can breed her with another dog. shes a beautiful dog and we want puppies from her. lol

i have a 1 yr old american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=6ab8d4c172afb63d9801e9e645f1562c73191637">bulldog</a> and i want to know when i can breed her with another dog. shes a beautiful dog and we want puppies from her. lol...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is a good time to breed american bulldogs?...

• what is a good time to breed american bulldogs?

what is a good time to breed american bulldogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have a 1 yr old american bulldog and i want to know when i can breed her with another dog. shes a beautiful dog and we want puppies from her. lol

what is a good time to breed american bulldogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No, please dont breed her.. There are already so many homeless pups out there, and you obviously don't have the experience.. Otherwise you wouldnt be asking questions about it on here.. And because your dog is beautiful, is not a good reason to breed her.. There are so many beautiful dogs out there in the world. Should we breed them too?? Get your dog fixed!!

• you should wait until the dog is at least two, then they can xray her hips and look for defects that large breeds are prone to. plus, they are really growing until then anyway. breeding is your business, tell everyone else to answer the question or kiss off!

• She is way too young.andJust let her be herself and not a mother of a bunch of dogs that will need forever homes that might be cruel to the puppies.Look up back yard breeder on the Internet...that is what you are wanting to be. Back Yard Breeders are as bad as puppy mills.

• If you are fine with the fact that for every "beautiful"(though,not show quality) puppy your girl produces another Beautiful innocent life is put out in a shelter.You OBVIOUSLY don't have the experience or knowledge it takes to breed healthy,quality dogs.

• isn't there enough unwanted puppy's around ,please be responsible and forget about breeding and have her spayed that would be kinder for her.she probably is a beautiful dog but you can bet there are hundreds more like her out there at this very moment so if its cos you would just like another one just go out and buy one then you will be helping another pup get a good home

• It has been my experience that breeding no sooner than 2yrs. is best for the mom and the pups have a better chance of being raised by her and not you. I raised bulldogs and got each pup a good and loving home for 4yrs. I wished everybody that bad talked a person seeking information would get themselves "fixed" and shut up if the can not help with the question at hand.

• Right now, at this very minute, there are more than 1200 American Bulldogs sitting in shelters across the country. Those are only the ones who are in shelters listed on PetFinders. Spay you dog and love her, don't add to the numbers.

• Ideally, the best time to breed her is when there aren't any more American Bulldogs in shelters or Rescue looking for homes. Health-wise, she should be at least 2 or 3 years old and have passed her OFA screening for hips and elbows. You should also visit some shows with her and at least have a judge or experienced show person objectively evaluate her. She may be beautiful but she may not meet the breed standard. It's not all about looks- they're supposed to be built a certain way in order to perform the function intended for the breed. Get a Temperament Test done on her (visit www.atts.org to find one near you) to ensure she has a stable, breed-appropriate temperament. When you visit the shows, talk to other American Bulldog exhibitors and breeders and FIND A MENTOR. From that point on, your MENTOR is who helps you with all of your breeding-related questions. By the time you find a mentor, you will know and understand much more about the CORRECT and ETHICAL way to breed dogs. Oh- and prepare yourself financially. Breeding *ethically* is not a money-making venture most of the time. Be prepared to take lifetime responsibility for each & every puppy you produce- because after all, you don't want to contribute to the problem and have your puppies end up in shelters, right? Make sure all of your puppy buyers sign a contract stating they will return their puppy TO YOU if they can no longer keep it. Also have them sign a contract stating they will spay/neuter their puppy before 6 months of age (because you don't want THEM to produce puppies that get killed in shelters, do you?). Keep in touch with your puppy buyers throughout the lifetime of the dog, and enforce those contracts if need be. If you're not prepared to do at least the above things, then your motives for breeding are purely selfish. That's where the pet overpopulation problem comes from- selfishness and greed.

• DONT BREED HER!instead, go to your nearest shelter and adopt one. There are way too many out there without homes right now! and breeders are the problem! i just adopted a puppy that came from a breeder because she wasnt wanted and she decided to just dump her off to the shelter.