can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together?

Can two sisters from the same American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=e8035d20f1c9665f4f4aa35e6689ca6fe1dccf32">Bulldog</a> litter live together for the rest of their lives happily ever after if they get along well at 5 months old?If it makes a difference in the two females' propensity to fight to the death, Dad is purebred…

Can two sisters from the same American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=e8035d20f1c9665f4f4aa35e6689ca6fe1dccf32">Bulldog</a> litter live together for the rest of their lives happily ever after if they get along well at 5 months old?If it makes a difference in the two females' propensity to fight to the death, Dad is purebred…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together?...

• can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together?

can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together? Dog Breed Discussions
      Can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together for the rest of their lives happily ever after if they get along well at 5 months old?If it makes a difference in the two females' propensity to fight to the death, Dad is purebred NKC/ABA American Bulldog, Mom is mostly American Bulldog w/ a little bit of Boxer (not quite a Bulloxer).

can two sisters from the same American Bulldog litter live together? Dog Breed Discussions
    • bully breeds like to be bullies sometimes. But if they were raised together and there is harmony right now I'm sure the harmony will last. Just watch out when they hit maturity and start to really go into "whos the boss" stages which shouldn't be too hard to keep under control.

• At 5 months, they're just beginning to become sexually mature, where true aggression issues will be just starting to surface, though they may come later. They may get along, but be prepared - 2 females are the worst combination, and they will fight to the death if not separatedETA: It makes absolutely no difference. The only thing that matters is if you will end up with two dominant females or not, and it's way too early to tell. I have the smallest breed there is, and breaking up these fights is nearly impossible even with my breed. Getting two pups at the same time is a really poor choice unless you're a very experienced trainer and have the time to work with them separately. If you insist on 2, then male/female is the best combination, but you need to get one or both fixed. Another thing to consider is the breeder. Good breeders don't sell littermates to the same person. That means aside from the issue of having 2 females, you very well may end up with dogs with unstable temperaments due to bad breeding, making the situation a ticking time bomb

• If you provide strong, consistent leadership and make sure they get enough exercise -- and do the sort of training, starting NOW, to discourage bad habits like food guarding, no reason why not.I've got a pup in 'positive training' obedience class right now, and the instructor is giving lots of useful tips (we're a two-dog household, too).Good luck!

• DEFINITELY, I HAVE SEVERAL RESCUED PITS AND THEY GET ALONG GREAT. MY NEIGHBOR AND I HAVE SIBLING PITS AND THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS. PITS ARE NOT BORN MEAN THEY ARE TRAINED TO BE MEAN. ANY ANIMAL COULD BE MADE TO BE MEAN, IT'S SICKING...

• Thank you, Alesi's. At least someone has some common sense.The fact that they're litter mates means NOTHING. I have SEEN litter mates grow up together, and end up seriously harming each other as adults. And we're not talking 2 or 3 year old adults, we're talking 6 years old. And we're not talking about abused, neglected or bored dogs. They were VERY well treated, VERY well fed, well cared for, and VERY well exercised. Their owner was a single person with no children, so had all the time in the world to devote to their dogs. Both were female, both were spayed. Both ended up with serious and superficial wounds all along their head, neck and chest region. Both had to spend a week at the vet's office for treatment, which didn't stop when they left the vet's. It took about a month and a half altogether for all the wounds to heal. One of them lost an ear, the other lost a huge part of her upper lip.Wanna know why this happened? Because the owner thought it would be better to get litter mates, and thought they would get along just fine for their entire lives because they were sisters, and thought it would be a cute and wonderful experience to see them grow up together. Wanna know the real kicker? These weren't even bully breeds. They were 100% pure bred, AKC registered Labrador Retrievers (granted, not from a reputable breeder, but pure bred just the same). From that point on, even after INTENSE training, they could NOT be trusted around each other. Period. Their owner, from that point on, had to use a strict crate and rotate system. Couldn't have them out at the same time, couldn't have them at the vet at the same time, couldn't allow one near the other even if she were crated. She couldn't even have them crated in her van at the same time without them trying to go at it. Great with other dogs. Great with people, children, elderly, everybody. But they COULD NOT be near each other from that day on.Now granted, situations THAT extreme are rare. BUT, keep in mind that you are not dealing with your average every day breed here. You're dealing with a VERY powerful, very strong, and very hard headed breed. And two females at that. They don't view each other as sisters. They view each other as pack members, and WILL eventually establish the pecking order amongst themselves. This could turn fatal, quickly. ONE American Bulldog is a HUGE responsibility, and can be a HUGE challenge for a new owner. Two would be Hell. Period. Being litter mates guarantees NOTHING in terms of whether or not they'll get along. They could go their entire lives without a problem. Or you could turn your head for the right minute, and turn your head back to a blood bath waiting to happen, if it hasn't already. These are some of the reasons that NO reputable breeder or shelter will sell/adopt out two puppies at the same time, even if they ARE litter mates.If I were you, I'd go to the breed's parent club and start talking to breeders, handlers, etc... about this situation. This is NOT something you'll want to jump into feet first. This breed is NOT something you want to jump into period if you're a first time owner, a novice owner, or an inexperienced owner. This is NOT the breed for everyone. They require a firm owner that can and WILL assert themselves as Alpha from the very beginning, and that can MAINTAIN that role at all costs. This is a very powerful, strong, hard headed and stubborn breed. I seriously suggest you start talking to owners, handlers, etc... and re-evaluate this situation to be sure you can handle it.ETA: Whether or not they're pure bred, means NOTHING. Also, a "Bulloxer" is NOT a breed, it's a mutt with a ridiculous name. Period. I know, I have an American Bulldog and Boxer mix. He's nothing anymore special then any other mutt on the planet, and he doesn't need a ridiculous name. Whether they are pure bred AB's or not means NOTHING. The point is, getting two puppies at the same time is NOT a good idea, even if they ARE litter mates.ETA 2 @ Tala: Have you ever dealt with an American Bulldog before? First hand, I mean. They are NOT an easy breed to control, they are powerful, very strong, very stubborn, hard headed, and WILL take any chance they can get to challenge an owner's dominance. It's NOT an easy thing to keep this under control in most cases, especially in the case of what's probably a poorly bred dog (given that these probably are NOT coming from a reputable source as NO reputable breeder or shelter would adopt out litter mates to the same home).

• Yes they should be able to live together. Look at their order in the sibling pack.If they both try to be the top dog, it may take some training from their human pack leader to make sure they get along.