what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?

i wanna know what the most intelligent or trainable breed of dog is... But not just any dogs, i'm not interested in those little poodles and what not... I know that german shepherds are very good, but what about an irish wolfhound? - how trainable are…

i wanna know what the most intelligent or trainable breed of dog is... But not just any dogs, i'm not interested in those little poodles and what not... I know that german shepherds are very good, but what about an irish wolfhound? - how trainable are…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?...

• what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog?

what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      i wanna know what the most intelligent or trainable breed of dog is... But not just any dogs, i'm not interested in those little poodles and what not... I know that german shepherds are very good, but what about an irish wolfhound? - how trainable are they?Thanks...

what is the most intelligent/trainable breed of dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The thing about dogs is it isn't all about the brain, it's about the owners and their desire to train the dogs well. I've seen smart GSD's and I've seen dumb ones too. I think you will see that everyone recommends their type of dog. So I will too - Boxers are very very smart and easy to train. Only thing is when you find a smart dog you need to find a lot to take up their time or they can get into mischeif.

• please tell me you have heard and know the defination of this word...RESEARCH!if you do try it sometime I was able to find out so if I can do it you should be able to as it's EXCEEDINGLY simple (as in you do NOT have to be a genius to be capable of doing it)

• border collies and beagles are easy. But all dogs have different personalities. Borders may be the smartest type of dog...but there are a few goofy ones. All of them will be different and you can't fix that. My beagles were really easy to train but that was because they loved doing things for us. And one was already trained when we got him from the pound :]You know you can go to a shelter and they can tell you what dog knows what, and you can pick from there. A lot of dogs at shelters are just there because of bad owners, but they were trained at one point.

• You have to be careful here. I would say that terriers are probably more intelligent than any other breed of dog, but that doesn't mean that they are the most trainable. To train a terrier takes grim determination and a LOT of patience. If you wanted to train a golden retriever, it would take a lot less time (because they are less intelligent) and they would therefore be more "trainable."

• Border collieI have one and shes the most loving most intelligent dog ever!i love her shes like a human really!She loves going to training,swimming,and agilityYou should defo get one! It will love you forever trust me german sheppards are a no go!!!!

• There are many intelligent breeds of dog it depends on how long you get them if you train them from a puppy you are more likely to get them to listen to you, but where as if you have them from a later date it is more difficult to train them. If your looking to buy a dog to train i advise to get one form a young stage / puppy.

• Not sure about Irish Wolfies.But the Border Collie is ranked the most intelligent breed.They're definitely so much fun to train.They're always willing to please and are extremely trainable.