Have you heard? Three more dogs added to AKC registry.?

Bluetick and Redbone Coonhounds and the Boykin Spaniel.

Bluetick and Redbone Coonhounds and the Boykin Spaniel....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Have you heard? Three more dogs added to AKC registry.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Have you heard? Three more dogs added to AKC registry.?

Have you heard? Three more dogs added to AKC registry.? Dog Breed Discussions
      Bluetick and Redbone Coonhounds and the Boykin Spaniel.

Have you heard? Three more dogs added to AKC registry.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Really? Quite interesting....One Coton group wants the AKC to gain recognition....The other groups absolutely don't, simply don't want the possibility of breed becoming too popular for it's own good( BYBs, puppy mills, you know the drill).They voted on it (in the group that wants recognition).About 127 members voted, majority ruled there.Funny thing...many group members that would have voted no were never asked to participate...Anyways, off topic.Cool! Good for those breeds!

• I knew they were in the miscellaneous group but did not know they made it into the other groups. I thought that did not happen till January, but guess not. So two new hounds and a sporting breed, awesome. It says they will be eligible to compete on the 30th of December. The other breeds in the miscellaneous group nowThe leonberger: will join the working group in June 2010The cane corso: will join the working group in June 2010The cesky terrier: No date yetThe entlebucher mt. dog: No date yetThe Finnish Lapphund: No date yetThe Icelandic Sheepdog: will join the herding group in June 2010The Norwegian Lundehund: No date yetThe Treeing Walker Coonhound: No date yetThe Xoloitzcuintli: No date yetThe ones with no date yet, just joined the miscellaneous groupBreeds that will be joining the miscellaneous group soonAmerican English Coonhound- January 2010Chinook- June 2010Russell Terrier- January 2010

• Wholly cow... 0.o as Certified APBT Lover (FF) said, she was just talking to me about this yesterday... That's spooky. :PAnd yes, I got an e-mail from FF and she told me about this question... wow... And I think it's cool, I like Redbones.