what kind of dog to get?

I don't know what kind of dog i should get beagle or jack russel terrierplease answer quickly I'm running out of time to pick!! if you don't answer quickly i might not get one at all!!

what kind of dog to get?

I don't know what kind of dog i should get beagle or jack russel terrierplease answer quickly I'm running out of time to pick!! if you don't answer quickly i might not get one at all!!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what kind of dog to get?...

• what kind of dog to get?

what kind of dog to get? Dog Breed Discussions
      I don't know what kind of dog i should get beagle or jack russel terrierplease answer quickly I'm running out of time to pick!! if you don't answer quickly i might not get one at all!!

what kind of dog to get?

what kind of dog to get? Dog Breed Discussions
    • are those the only 2 choices you have?Jack Russel Terriers like to run a lot......i mean a lot. They are also high strung dogs and get excited quickly. This is a typical terrier trait. Beagles also like to run but in a different way. They are hound dogs and so if you don't have a fenced in yard and they see a rabbit or squirrel they will go after it and you probably won't be able to call them back. also beagles tend to bark and bay(hunting bark). However, now that i have given you the negatives i will say that both dogs are great with children and make good family pets. My preference would be for a beagle as they don't have the problems associated with terriers, and would be easier to train.

• Get a jack russel. I love those little suckers there so hyper and fun to keep. I would HIGHLY reccomend you at least consider adopting one from your local animal shelter since hundereds of homeless pets get put to sleep(distroyed in other words) each year because of overpopulation so try your best to find a dog you like there. Check there and If you dont find a dog you like than find a jack russel rescue near you. Jack russel terriers mixes are cute too. (especially jack russel/chiuahua mixes). And remember the smaller the dog, the longer the lifespan.

• Do your research first...We actually say a cute mix, it was half beagle and half English bull dog..he was cute like a beagle but filled out more because of the bulldog..Beagles tend to have a really winey bark. Kind of annoying. Jack Russel are cute. Take this into consideration..Do you have kids or plan on having kids.. If so you want to find out which do better with children also, any other pets?

• Check with the AKC site and research both breeds. Both can be wonderful dogs. I do not know a lot about the Jack Russell Terrier bred, but my daughter and son-in-law have three Beagles. Beagles are sweet, and will be willing to help a burglar take out the best silver and china. But they can be wanderers if not kept confinded in a fenced yard because they were bred to run in packs and hunt small game all day and to keep up with horses if need be. Beagles have a bay when they are excited. But terriers can be real barkers. Again please check out the AKC.

• jack russels are the bred of dog that i have and they rock. their are very energetic and affectionate. if you want a slightly quieter dog get a beagle. they live longer and are slightly larger.

• I suggest not getting neither of them.Get a Cocker Spaniel or a Dachshund!Cocker websites:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Cocker_Spanielhttp://www.akc.org/breeds/cocker_spaniel/Dachshund websites:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshundhttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dachshund.htmHope this helps!

• Choose a breed that fits in with your lifestyle, home and family. A Jack Russell is extremely high energy and won't be happy unless he gets lots of exercise and activity. And while the Beagle has lots of energy, I personally find them a more laid back dog. But the Beagle does tend to follow his nose since he is a scent hound, so a fenced yard is a must (unless you want to spend a lot of time hunting for him). If you work full time, the Beagle might handle being alone a little better than the Jack Russell. That is if the neighbors can stand the "baying". And if you are a very active, outdoorsey person the Jack Russell would love the adventure. Both would need to be on a leash when going for a walk as both tend to go after what looks and smells interesting. They are both great breeds--choose the one that fits best with your lifestyle--good luck!

• To choose between the two I would go jack russel. Beagles are hunters with an annoying howl. Both are hyper and will require a lot of attention any you will need to burn off extra energy. Any dog is a great dog with the right training.

• I have had one hound (a Basenji) and a Cairn terrier. I loved them both. However, the Basenji was constantly trying to leave the backyard even though it was large, and he was out the front door every time it opened - a lot since the kids were small at the time. My Cairn was an independent soul who kept me company for 16 yrs. He's been gone 9 yrs and I miss him still. I really don't have an answer for you. Now I have 2 mutts who were abandoned on my doorstep - probably the best behaved, well-mannered, most mellow dogs I have ever had. Good luck!

• Those are two very different breeds.JRTs are very intelligent, active and usually dominant. If you're laid back or don't like being a leader, you may have trouble controlling a Jack - they like to be the boss and will take the leadership away from you if you let them. They also like to have a job and things to do - if you don't like tennis balls dropped constantly in your lap, don't get one.Beagles are very sweet dogs, but they bay. If you have close neighbours be prepared for serious dog training to prevent this.Check out dog breed selectors (you can google it) to see which dog best fits into your lifestyle. I personally prefer Animal Planet.