Getting a dog, need help.?

Im getting a dog but I don't know what breed to get.I wanna dog thats very loyal and will only obey me.I wanna fairly large to medium size dog.please help thanks.

Im getting a dog but I don't know what breed to get.I wanna dog thats very loyal and will only obey me.I wanna fairly large to medium size dog.please help thanks....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Getting a dog, need help.?...

• Getting a dog, need help.?

Getting a dog, need help.? Dog Breed Discussions
      Im getting a dog but I don't know what breed to get.I wanna dog thats very loyal and will only obey me.I wanna fairly large to medium size dog.please help thanks.

Getting a dog, need help.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Retriever's are really great pets. I used to have a labrador retriever. She was VERY obedient, loyal, and extremely intelligent. I was able to teach her so many tricks. But I personally think any dog would make a GREAT pet. If you treat them right, they will do anything for you and love you.

• Which ever dog you decide to bring into your home, you have to get into obedience lessons. Dogs are so much nicer to have in your home once both of you have gone through the training. The dog knows what you want, and you know how to communicate with the dog. The lessons will cost a little over a hundred dollars, maybe a little more. It is worth it. So worth it. Rent the DVD's of the Dog Whisperer and watch Cesar Milan work with people and their dogs. He gives great tips on how to communicate with your pet without feeling frustrated. Make sure you have a vet close by that you like. You want to make sure that your home is ready for your dog too. Remove all dangers, including plants and cleaning products etc... Trust me, on the lessons though. Best of Luck!

• Get A Basset HoundThey love going for walksThey Love there ownerThey Think they are a lap dog haha when they are gigantic!they get along with cats and other dogsand they are just funThe only bad things are1. They can smell2. Kinda Lazy3. LOVE to eat!

• top 6 consideration before you choose a breed1. Temperment 2. Energy Requirements3. Grooming Requirements4. Living Conditions5. SUITABILITY TO YOUR LIFESTYLE6. TAKE THE ADVICE ON YAHOO ANSWER WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, AS PEOPLE WILL GENERALLY ONLY RECOMMEND THERE FAVOURITE BREEDS, NOT WHAT ACTUALLY REALLY SUIT YOU. SO RESEARCH CAREFULLY!However i'll give you a wide range of breeds from medium to large so you can look at what you think best suits your experience levels and your environmentI will be only listing the breeds in this ranges-Currently only sorting them out!Medium 25 to 50 pounds Rat Terrier=12-35poundsBoykin Spaniel=25-40poundsTreeing Tennessee Brindle=30-50poundsAmerican Eskimo Dog=6-40poundsAmerican Water Spaniel=24-45poundsMexican Hairless=5-40poundsIcelandic Sheepdog=20-30Norwegian Buhund=26-40Swedish Vallhund=25-35poundsLarge dog breeds 50 to 75 pounds Labrador Retriever=55-75Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever=37-51 American Staffordshire Bull Terrier=57-67Australian Shepherd=45-65Plott Hound=40-60Treeing Walker Coonhound=50-70American Foxhound=65-75Chinook=55-70Redbone Coonhound=50-70Black & Tan Coonhound=55-75American English Coonhound=40-65Peruvian Inca Orchid-9-55English Shepherd=40-70Greenland Dog=66-70poundsNorwegian Elkhound=44-55Karelian Bear Dog=44-49English Toy SpanielBorder TerrierLancashire HeelerLucas TerrierJack Russell/Parson Russell TerrierScottish TerrierPembroke Welsh CorgiMiniature Bull TerrierPatterdale TerrierWest Highland White TerrierCairn TerrierPlummer TerrierCardigan Welsh CorgiSealyham TerrierCavalier King Charles SpanielBulldogLakeland TerrierAmerican Cocker SpanielBeagleShetland SheepdogWelsh TerrierStaffordshire Bull TerrierWire Fox TerrierAmerican Cocker SpanielSussex SpanielManchester TerrierSmooth Fox TerrierBedlington TerrierWhippetBorder CollieField SpanielWelsh Springer SpanielHarrierClumber SpanielEnglish Springer SpanielBearded CollieGolden RetrieverScotch CollieBull TerrierCurly-coated RetrieverAiredale TerrierOld English SheepdogFlat-coated RetrieverEnglish FoxhoundOtterhoundEnglish SetterBullmastiffPointerGordon SetterGreyhoundMastiffScottish DeerhoundGlen of Imaal TerrierKerry Blue TerrierIrish TerrierSoft-coated Wheaten TerrierIrish Water SpanielKerry BeagleIrish Red & White SetterIrish SetterIrish WolfhoundBrussell griffonSchipperkeArdennes Cattle Dog

• these are the 3 dogs I recomend:Golden retrievers are great family dogs and very loyal. they also are good work dogs and easy to teach tricks.Collies are usually nice and very smart. they are also loyal but they are VERY entergetic. It might run away if you don't give it enought attention. They can jump a 5 ft fence.Labradors are mostly nice and usually smart. they are loyal and great swimmers. They are not too entergetic. They are very sweet.I would also recommend that if you have a lot of time on your hands, get a puppy. then you can raise it how YOU want to raise it. and if you raise it it will be loyal only to you. also just to let you know, male dogs are usually more affectionate then females.