Can anyone help me with my miniture american eskimo puppy?

I own a miniture american eskimo puppy who is 2 years old and he has a problem-he wont stop scratching at his ears. I know it's normal for dogs to scratch at their ears a couple times but he scratched at his so much that he has open cuts on the tip of…

I own a miniture american eskimo puppy who is 2 years old and he has a problem-he wont stop scratching at his ears. I know it's normal for dogs to scratch at their ears a couple times but he scratched at his so much that he has open cuts on the tip of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can anyone help me with my miniture american eskimo puppy?...

• Can anyone help me with my miniture american eskimo puppy?

Can anyone help me with my miniture american eskimo puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I own a miniture american eskimo puppy who is 2 years old and he has a problem-he wont stop scratching at his ears. I know it's normal for dogs to scratch at their ears a couple times but he scratched at his so much that he has open cuts on the tip of the inside of his ears. He even has a tiny cut on the tip of his nose! What should I do to help him?

Can anyone help me with my miniture american eskimo puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Yeah I'll help ya....I'm on my way now...see ya in a bit...hee heeNo seriously, sounds like ear mites or you might want to try cleaning his ears out.....or it's vet time.....good luck

• since those ears are covered in dense hair,it is very possible that your little dog may have a yeast infection,try plucking some of the hairs out and use a yeast infection cream,if it doesn't clear up then he may have ear mites.the best thing to do is take him to the vet if,these things do not change after treatment.

• take him to the vet asap! my doggie did that once non stop we took her in and it turns out her ear was infected, they will give you medicine drops for the ear! hope i helped! remember to get it check out asap :) Hope your doggie will get better :(

• He could have an ear infection, ear mites, or allergies, or he could have a skin infection from scratching. When you take him to the vet, they will be able to diagnose and treat the problem and should tell you how to stop further damage from scratching.